headphones with one jack

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by vagabund, Oct 19, 2012.

1. vagabund

vagabund New Member

Hello. I own a PC. My mother bought me deep bass headphones Energy DJ. The headphones have a built-in microphone on the cable. There is also only one jack plug. My cheap headphones have a microphone that is bigger than my head and two jacks instead of one. I contacted a person over Facebook. She couldn't hear me and I could hear her. Perhaps I should plug the one and only jack in another socket? Thanks.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

This headphone has a conventional Apple-compatible plug, where the microphone in the cord connects through the Apple ipod headphone jack. But PC's usually have a separate headphone jack for the microphone, so if you use this headphone with the PC and need to be heard, you would need to connect a microphone to the PC's microphone jack and speak through that microphone.

Energy Sistem - Buy MP3MP4MP5 headphones - Energy DJ 700 Porta Edition

3. vagabund

vagabund New Member

So basically what you saying is that there is no way for me to hear and talk to someone at the same time with these headphones, because they are not designed for PC? Perhaps there is a device with two jacks that I can connect to the jack of my new headphones and my PC, so that I can engage in a conversation on Facebook. Probably not, eh? I guess I should start looking for that microphone that I could connect to the PC's microphone jack..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012