Headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Heather, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Heather

Heather New Member

Can you please advise the best 'over the ear' headphones for all round use; as in listening to music on my computer, Son borrowing to listen to watch videos etc. on Youtube, and listen to his music! I like to turn up the music when a good track comes on so I do not want distortion. I purchased some ministry of sound headphones but I am sending them back as the right phone is very much quieter than the left. I would love to be able to buy some top of the range sennheiser or similar, as obviously there are many brands out there of which I have no knowledge! But as funds are limited at the moment I am looking for something around £100 or under, the problem with reading reviews is that they all have likes and dislikes about the same product, I just want to buy something that performs well and is comfortable to wear.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Here's my favorite list. I see a Shure 440 for £79 and Denon 1100 for £99 - either of those should work well and provide some isolation.

Closed Back Headphones

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. Heather

Heather New Member

Many thanks to dalethorn and RobinHiFi for your replies I will be able to make an informed decision now :)

Heather