hearing aid user needs hearing aid cordless headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by s h agnew, Feb 16, 2014.

1. s h agnew

s h agnew New Member

Hello,

I have lost all the high notes in both ears and about 40% of hearing. I wear digital aids but in meetings I find it difficult to hear certain types of speech. Is there such a thing as headphones with amplifiers built in? Or headphones which pick up from a microphone mounted nearby?

S Agnew

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I don't know myself, but if someone doesn't answer tomorrow I'll point them to here, since there are a couple of resident experts on this type of headphone.

3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

We don't do anything that covers this, but there is a very good website that supplies a range of assistive listening devices - they would be the best people to ask about this. Here is their website:

BioAcoustics

4. Sunnyday

Sunnyday New Member

Hi There.

I am hard of hearing myself and have hearing aids. I think for meetings you need to look at a personal listener rather than amplified headphones, there are lots on the Action on hearing loss website. I prefer not to use hearing aids for Tv or music. Instead I recommend the TV headphone amplifier which just plugs into the digital audio outputs of my TV without cutting the sound from the speakers for my husband. The sound is really clear and it costs a lot less than TV listeners. Mine is from Redwhizz Redwhizz Digi-Whizz TV headphone amplifier

Hope this helps