help buying! Sennheiser CX400 or Beyerdynamics DTX 50??

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by kwangsun, Jan 26, 2009.

1. kwangsun

kwangsun New Member

Hello,

I've recently bought a V-moda Bass Freq because of the glowing review from CNET (awarded the editor's choice)
    They're good, but not quite my type. I definitely love my bass, but these are too bass-heavy and the clarity is just not as good as my way cheaper Koss UR21. (I don't use them much for music, occasional light listening but mostly for multimedia use. Which they're perfect for because they don't block out all the ambient noise and they're more than adequate for movies. The Koss I mean.)
    Anyway, I need a portable pair of buds that isolate noise well, and don't cost more than 50 pounds. 60 would be worth considering if a great pair came my way. Anyway, I've been considering the Sennheiser CX400 and the Beyerdynamics DTX 50 for my more "purist" listening needs. The problem is, im not quite sure which to pick. The CX definitely has better value, with all the packaged extras. But Im too new to both brands and I don't know which is better. Checked CNET UK, Sennheiser got a 7.9 and Beyer got 7.0
    The CX score well in most sites, but there are some sites that gave the Beyers a great rating as well. Which just complicated matters further.

Currently Own: Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7, Koss UR-21, V-moda FB and Sony MDR-E729v

2. henders

henders New Member

Sennheiser CX400 V Beyerdynamics DTX50

I haven't heard the DTX50, so can't comment. The Sennheiser CX400 is a great introduction to good quality in ear sound isolating earphones.

The CX400's bass response is plenty strong enough, without being too flabby and bloated. They're a very enjoyable pair of earphones to listen with.

3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Beyerdynamic DTX50 v Sennheiser CX400

We now have the Beyerdynamic DTX50 in stock. The feedback so far from customers is very positive. I haven't had chance to try them myself yet, but all reports suggest they have a very balanced sound with good bass and plenty of clarity. What HiFi? Sound and Vision gave them 5 stars in their review:

http://whathifi.com/Review/Beyerdynamic-DTX50/

The CX400 has now also been replaced by the Sennheiser CX400-II. Actually it appears that the new CX300-II is the old CX400 and the new CX400-II is the old CX500. So the range has basically all been shifted and renamed.