Help choosing in-ear headphones under 100GBP

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by ZedeN, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ZedeN

ZedeN New Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I been browsing different headphones under 100GBP for a while now and wonder what you guys can recommend.
    I mostly listen to techno/electo/rap and mainstream music so good bass is preferable. I also use the headphones with my phone (HTC Desire HD, Android Based) so a mic is preferable, but not cumpolsary.

Looking at your website i found quiet a few good headphones, specifically:
    Audeo PFE 012: Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass In-Ear Isolating Earphones in Black
    Audeo PFE 122: Phonak Audéo PFE 122 Perfect Fit In-Ear Monitor Headphones (PFE-122) - IEM (89GBP on amazon)
    Sennheiser CX880: Sennheiser CX880 Premium In-Ear Isolating Earphones (CX 880)
    Beyerdynamic DTX100: Beyerdynamic DTX100 Earphones in Black (DTX 100)
    Sennheiser IE6: Sennheiser IE6 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones (IE 6)
    Westone 1: Westone 1 True-Fit Single-Driver Earphones (Westone1)

As far as I am aware, only Audeo 122s have a microphone so I'm leaning towards them. Eventhough from some of the reviews some say that Westone are way better? Anyway what do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

P.S. I read a lot on the web that Audeo 122 can be greatly improved with the use of green filters, I'm wondering if that is actually the case and do i need to buy them seperately?

Also just found Audeo PFE 022:
    These headphones look perfect for me, mic + perfect bass (I assume that means green filters?)
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi ZedeN

Yes, you king of answered your own question - PFE 022 are the Green Filter version of the PFE122. The PFE 122 comes with all the Phonak accessories, the PFE 022 only comes with basic accessories but you can get them all separately anyway. Sounds like a good choice to me as these (with the green filters) are powerful but still detailed. A comfy well made headphone!:)