Help for new pair of in-ear earphones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by soong, Dec 21, 2010.

1. soong

soong New Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Sorry for posting two similar posts on this forum. This is my 3rd day on this forum :D
    Anyways, I previously posted about "Sennheiser vs Denon vs Klipsch." I still haven't have decided yet. However, I would like to hear from other people, which ones are good for classical music. I heard Sennheiser use a speaker that's similar to the headphone's, and people on youtube said it was good for bass, not classic. Other people said it was the same for Klipsch.
    I currently have ATH-CK300M, which are in-ear earphones, and ATH-ES55, which are over-the-ear headphones. I really do like the sound from the ATH-ES55 when I'm listening to classical musics.
    At the moment, the local store only has Sony, Sennheiser, Pioneer, and Audio-Technica. Which in ear earphones under $50 are good for listening to classical music? (btw, I hate over-the-ear earphones. Too much hassle and stress.)
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    New pair of in-ear earphones

Most under £50 earphones are aimed at to enhance bass response and the clarity if often not that great. If you like the sound signature of the Audio-Technica ATH-ES55, then the Sennheiser CX300-II would probably be the best bet.

If you can stretch the budget a bit I would have a think about earphones like the Phonak Audeo PFE or Westone UM1.