Help! Headphones without metal band

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by KPM1968, Feb 26, 2012.

1. KPM1968

KPM1968 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    East Anglia

I'm struggling to find help with this so hope you can help!

1) I recently purchased some Lindy Premiums. The headphones are fantastic for the price and soundwise, I'm more than happy. However, I do get a skin reaction/rash to metal and despite the 'headband' being encased in softer material, wearing these leaves a rash across the top of my head...

So what I'm looking for is phones of similar quality/price to the Lindys but without metal in the headband construction...presumably some kind of plastic? As you might guess, the usual reviews make this sort of purchasing a bit hard....

Any ideas?

2) I was about to purchase the Audio-Technica ATH ES55 for travel but am now worried I may experience the same problems as above as I'm not sure about their construction either....

Appreciate this is a bit of an odd one but any help anyone can give would be great!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Karl

I cannot really give you a good answer to this because I cannot really say what is causing the rash. It could be the metal band inside but it could equally be the padding material used. It sounds a little strong but I would consider talking to your Doctor and taking the headphones with you, you have already invested a bit of money into these headphones and it would seem a shame to spend more without definitely resolving the problem.