Help Me Find a New Gaming Headset?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by xTobyMc, Jun 26, 2013.

1. xTobyMc

xTobyMc New Member

For weeks now I have been roaming the internet in search of a new, and decent, pair of headphones for gaming with. The type of headphones I am seeking is rather specific, which is what makes the search so hard. I need:

- Noise cancelling ear cups (as my PC next to me is very loud)
    - Preferably Dolby surround sound (this isn't a necessity)
    - Voice feedback feature (where the headset plays my voice back to me in real time so I can hear myself over loud audio coming from the headset).
    - Compatibility with my PC and the PlayStation 4 in the future (PS4 will use optical audio I believe)

The only headset I have managed to find that suits these needs is the Tritton 720+, including 7.1 surround sound, voice feedback, noise cancelling ear cups and an optical audio input which the PS4 will also support. However, this headset is around £100 and I wanted to make sure that before I purchase it I have covered ALL alternative options for other headsets. The headset also looked quite heavy and uncomfortable, so it's hard to choose!

Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Had a quick look around and can't match these specs - It's the optical connection that is alwqays missing from the models I have looked at. Sounds like you may have found the best option. Are you getting these? If so please feel free to review them as they sound like they will be great.:)