Help needed please

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Andyking, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Andyking

Andyking New Member

Hi guys. Well im looking for a new pair of head phones. Im heading off to uni at the end of the week so i need a good pair of full sized head phones to watch movies and listen to bass heavy and rock music. I will be listening in a laptop and a ipod classic. The reason they need to be closed is that the course im on forces me to travel around the world so i dont want to annoy people on planes/trains/buses
    My limit is 150 but if i find the right pair i will be willing to do up to 190

Thanks in advance

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Andy,

You cannot go wrong with one of these three -

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Closed Monitor Headphones Coiled Cable
    £134.95

Shure SRH840 Professional Closed-Back Headphones (SRH 840)
    £149.95

GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.35 D Monitor Closed Headphones
    £149.00

If you have not had something similar before you will be in headphone heaven immediately!Technically the Shure has the best "features" because of the replaceable cable. The German Maestro is as hard as nails and as tough as old boots, they are designed to take a real battering so that might be good, I certainly was not very careful when I was a student. The AT M50 is awesome though and the cheapest which again would have appealed to me when I was a student.:D

Remember, man should not survive on beans on toast alone, eat some Pot Noodles too!

3. Andyking

Andyking New Member

Thanks for the help Robin
    I've ordered a pair of the Audio Technica's
    As far as previous headphones the "best" I've used are the Skullcandy Hesh series. I look forward to these when they arrive.
    Once again thanks for the help.