Help Required

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Gary, May 21, 2009.

1. Gary

Gary New Member

I am a new member and having had a pair of Sennheiser HD520II headphones for over 20 years I have decided to buy a new pair.

With so many on the market and down to personal choice I have been considering Grado sr 60i or 80i, sennheiser, or dare I say Bose,

Although I have been able to listen to the bose I would like to audition the Gado`s and some Sennheiser models I would appreciate some advice or recommendations upto about £140

I have a wide taste in music from Pink floyd, Queen through to Alison Moyet, Enya, Herb Alpert and some classical

Any response would be much appreciated

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sennhieser, Grado or Bose headphones?

The Sennheiser HD595 and Grado SR80i would both be a good choice. The Grado's are a very enjoyable listen and my personal favourite. The Sennheiser's are a little more relaxed and have more comfortable over ear pads.

Another headphone worth considering is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. This headphone is a little lighter on bass than the Sennheiser or Grado, but has a much sweeter midrange.

I'm not a huge fan of Bose headphones and feel they are over priced and not good value for money.

3. Gary

Gary New Member

Thanks shaun for the advice having now auditioned both the Grado and sennheisers I have chosen the latter and very pleased with them