Help with fixing Grado SR60

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Dale_Cooper, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Dale_Cooper

Dale_Cooper New Member

Hi I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the correct place

I have a pair of Grado SR60s and one (the left) side headphone produces no sound.
    I have already had them re-wired once but now they have cut out again.

I have taken them apart, prising them open, which I managed to do with a hair dryer and isolted the problem to just the left side headphone. All the wires work okay as I have changed them around. The problem is just with the left headphone driver

Would anyone know what I can do next? I am reluctant to open up the driver which would require some skill and I am not too sure what I am doing.
    Would they be worth repairing? Or shall I just bin them. Just wondering if anyone could help me out.
    Any questions fire away, and thanks greatly if anyone has any ideas!
    ta
    Dale

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Estimating ahead, the time and effort involved would not be justified except as an electronics DIY hobby interest, or unless the SR60 were more modular like the Sennheiser HD25 series. But out of curiosity, how much do you use the SR60, what gear do you run it from, and do you have any other ambitions in the area of headphones?

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

If the driver has gone it will be unlikely that you can repair it :( Looks like you need new headphones! It's always sad when one piece of technology dies but it's always fun picking the replacement:)