Help with new Headphones!!!

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by desolotor, Jun 28, 2014.

1. desolotor

desolotor New Member

Hi!, a year and a half ago i asked for help to buy headphones, i ended buying the Marshall Major, and yesterday they "passed away" now im in the need of some good headphones (yeah sorry for the bad english)

Im from southamerica Chile so things like headphones are a little bit more expensive (marshall major currently on amazon $70, here $80-$85)

My capacity is from $140-$170 dollars,

i will use this headphones mostly at home, using them either for games in a ps4 or music, over-ear, i like sound aislation , and i HATE the material of headphones like the Grado S80(despite they are awesome), you can hear everything around you and people can hear your music

I have seen these headphones, but sugestions would be nice please!,

Pulse Wireless Elite Edition Headset Sony 7.1 Ps3/ps4 (i love the design and the material)
    Dj Technics Rp-dj120
    Beyerdynamic Dt 770 Pro (250 OHM. found them at $170)
    Audio-technica Ath-m50 (these actually costs $200 here but i would like to know if they are good)

I just need some Suggestion, what should i buy and why

Thanks for helping me!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

"Over-ear" is ambiguous. There are around-ear (circumaural) and On-ear (supraaural), so I will guess that you want around-ear only. The DT-770 and M50 are both good, but the DT770 is a better sound and a much better build quality.

3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to agree with Dale here - The DT770's for me are one of the best value for money headphones you can get :)

4. desolotor

desolotor New Member

Thanks!, are you sure the Beyerdynamics 250 OHMS are better? thanks for the replies! in other forums they never did.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The M50 is good, just not on the same level as the DT770. You will need more than just a phone to drive the 250 ohm headphone though.

The Sony headphones sound good as a rule, but are frequently defective. I have a long list of those.

The Technics I don't know - it's a good brand but I am not familiar with it. The Beyerdynamics are very professional - well above anything I have heard about Technics or Sony or Audio-Technica's lower-price headphones.