help with sennheiser rs180

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by nielsen, Feb 4, 2010.

1. nielsen

nielsen New Member

i want to buy these headphones, i love sennheisers sound so much, but my problem is that the tower-like receiver is too big to fit on my desk.

the receiver unit on the rs 160 headphones fits perfectly.

is it possible to pair the rs180 headphones with the receiver unit from the rs160 headphones?

or is it possible to buy a whole other receiver, if so any sugestions?

also: when i buy these headphones, do they connect via a stereo cable? ( phono ). because there is no phono slots left on my soundcard, so how do i connect them?
    ________
    Club Royal Condos

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. nielsen

nielsen New Member

3. usaudiot

usaudiot New Member

Sennheiser RS160 VS RS180

The RS180 has several significant additional features to the R160, among them rechargeable batteries in the headset, which are recharged on the transmitter tower when not in active use. The higher output power of the TX180 permits a 5 times larger range compared to the TX160.

Connection to your audio source for either transmitter (TX160 or TX180) is via a cable with a 3.5mm stereo hplug to the heaqdphone jack, in your case the headphone jack of your sound card.

As for basic sound quality the RS160 system will give you everything you expect from a Sennheiser headphone. The TX180 transmitter's size and shape is determined by its function as the charger stand for the RS180. If it is too large to fit your available desk space, you may either consider alternate placement for it (there is no need to have the transmitter in immediate proximity to the audio source), or try the RS160.

4. nielsen

nielsen New Member

Hi there, thanks for the answer.

My problem is, that there is no audio jack output left on my soundcard. I have the X-Fi titanium card, and the green jack output is already taken by my speakers. So i cannot really connect the sennheiser headphones, since the jack is already occupied. What should i do?
    Is it possible to buy some sort of eksternal device, with more connection options available?

Such as this one for example.
    Komplett.dk - Pinnacle SoundBridge M1001

I may be wrong but i hope you get my idea; i was thinking something like this:

X-Fi titanium>optical able>audio box

And then from the box
    Stereo cable>sennheiser headphones
    Stereo cable> pc speakers
    ________
    SexyLolly live

5. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

Dac?

A DAC (digital audio converter) is maybe the thing your seek. Another way to get nice output from pc's. See for example on Audiotrak prodigy cube.

6. nielsen

nielsen New Member

Something like that yeah, however, that device is connected via. USB

What i am looking for, is something like that, but with an optical input, and two phono/stereo inputs as well. So i can connect it all, including my soundcard.

If i bought the audiotrack cube, i would have to run it around my soundcard, and the soundcard would basicially do nothing more than looking pretty inside my rig.
    ________
    How To Roll Blunts

7. nielsen

nielsen New Member