Hey dudes noob needs help

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Red Zeppelin, May 11, 2013.

1. Red Zeppelin

Red Zeppelin New Member

Hi, I recently bought a new pair of cans the audio technica ath-sj55's after my old pair of Philips sbc-hp890's broke.

Now to my lugs i thought the philips sounded decent, but the sj55's sound fantastic in comparison, but i mistakenly thought they were over ear cans and they're not so they get really uncomfortable after a short time and everyone else can hear what im hearing.

I don't want to spend a fortune but im looking at the Audio tech ath-t500, and ath-a500x, BeyerDynamic dt770 or dt660 80ohm, and possibly something from Shure. I need some help choosing which is best for me.

I mostly listen to Rock music but i want some cans that will do justice to all types, all my music is on itunes and i'll be listening on my laptop.

Im open to all suggestions but preferably closed back, my budget is from £60-£150.

Cheers.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. Red Zeppelin

Red Zeppelin New Member

Hi Dalethorn, thanks for replying to the annoying noob questions.

One thing that i find a bit confusing is they are called studio monitor headphones. Im only going to be using them to listen to my music on my laptop at home, so want to be sure they are going to be responsive/punchy enough for me and not sound really flat.

If you reckon they are right for me then i will take your advice and buy them.

Thanks.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The Beyers are definitely not the 'flat' type - I've had a few of those. Punchy, right amount of warmth, detail? Yep. Very much.

5. Red Zeppelin

Red Zeppelin New Member

Thanks again Dalethorn, order going in now.