How can I connect my gaming headphones to my blackberry

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by mike.oldroyd, Nov 21, 2011.

1. mike.oldroyd

mike.oldroyd New Member

I have a set of Creative Fatal1ty gaming headphones (with 2 male TRS jack connectors, 1 for stereo in an the other for the mic). I would like to attach these headphones to my blackberry (which uses a single TRRS jack socket) so I can use them for hands free calls.

Does anyone know of an adaptor I can get to do this? I can't be the only one who wants do do something like this.

2. KornelHiFi

KornelHiFi Administrator

Hi Mike,

You probably need something like this:

3.5mm Jack Splitter Cable for use with Headphones / Mic

However, it is still not a guarantee that you would be able to use them with your Blackberry; the wiring of the Blackberry's jack socket should be compatible with the 4 Pin TRRS connector of the adapter. I would kindly advise to check with the merchant you bought your phones from or the manufacturer itself, I am sure either will be able to help you with this :)

3. mike.oldroyd

mike.oldroyd New Member

Thanks for the reply Kornel HiFi

I think I need more than a splitter. I need something that can separate the TRRS signals into separate TRS jacks for Mic & headphones.

I hunted around some more. The closest I can find is this

iPad Audio Adapters

which says it is for iPhone. The question then becomes whether or not the TRRS pin out for iPhones and Blackberry's is the same or not.

4. KornelHiFi

KornelHiFi Administrator

Hi Mike,

I am sorry about that, that is what I actually meant to post - I just had a look at the title of the item which is a bit misleading and I posted it without checking the description.

Most Blackberry products take the Apple compatible 4 pole connectors, here is a list of Blackberry models that work with the same pinout as Apple:

Cell phones 4-pole headset pinout and wiring @ pinoutsguide.com

Here is another useful site:

https://www.kvconnection.com/Articles.asp?ID=165

Hope this helps!