How to identify model of headset for the purpose of buying replacement pads?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Zittixi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Zittixi

Zittixi Banned

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question or in the wrong forum!

I have a Sennheiser neckband-style headset that's probably about 5 years old now. I really like it and don't want to replace it, but the foam pads are starting to disintegrate on me. The problem is that I don't know what model it is, and thus what replacement part to buy! How would I go about identifying it? I tried contacting Sennheiser directly but they never got back to me. As far as I can tell there's no model number or other identifying information on the thing itself, and the packaging is long gone.

Thanks for reading.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sennheiser neckband headphone earpads

In recent years (the last 3 or so) the Sennheiser neckband range has had a PMX prefix to model numbers. Below are some models to Google around for images to help identify:

PMX40
    PMX50
    PMX60
    PMX100
    PMX200

Good luck!

3. Zittixi

Zittixi Banned

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that! I spent some time googling and it's not any of the ones you mentioned there. The images I can find that look most like it are the PC141, 145 and 146. (apologies if that is not in fact a neckband style headset and I gave you the wrong idea!) Would you know if the pads for those are interchangeable, and if so where I might get some? At this point that's probably the closest guess I've got...

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator