I need a little help to decide

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Tinger23, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Tinger23

Tinger23 New Member

Hi, I'm fairly new here and I'm looking for some tips for what headset I should buy. I have some candidates here:

Sennheiser momentum
    Sennheiser hd650
    V-moda m-100
    Grado sr225i

Can anyone tell which one is the best? If any1 has got a better option i would be happy to hear (money is not a problem). I mostly listen to rock/metal. And I prefer over-ear.

Please help

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

For rock and metal, the Momentum would have less high freq. irritation than the HD650, and way less than the Grado. The M100 is also an option like the Momentum, but most users (myself included) feel the bass is too obtrusive unless EQ is used.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Depends on how you will use these - HD650 and SR225i are both open back and cannot realistically be used as portables. HD650 also are quite hard to drive so you need a decent amp or they will sound soggy and lifeless with no volume. If you like hefty bass and want to be portable the Momentum and the M-100 are both great. If you have a nice amp and will only listen at home the HD650 are lovely and also work great for films and computer games.:)

What music do you like and where were you planning to use these?