ibasso D4 set up from desktop comp.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by jelicof, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jelicof

jelicof New Member

Guys..
    It's a noob question ,but im getting some RE0's from hifiman and im thinking with their balanced,but reputably 'perfect' output,of driving them from my pc sound card with an ibasso D4.
    Now, as i see it,thats my soundcard (soundblaster platinum) headphone output> 3.5mm jack/3.5mm jack> D4 AUX socket>my IEM's coming from the D4 headphone socket powered by 9v battery... correct way for the AMP usage?
    Cos if i then try the USB to power them without the 9v battery,then it's a DAC and therefore not amplify my sound, just DAC it?
    thanks..im on head fi, and noobs get ignored and slaughtered,so im trusting you guys......

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

iBasso D4 setup with computer

The iBasso D4 DAC connects internally to the headphone amp, so you could avoid your soundcard completely. That's the reason to use this kind of DAC.

You would simply plug the D4 into the USB on your computer (PC or Mac) and then your headphones into the D4 headphone socket. The music would stream digitally from the computer, through USB to the D4 and then be converted from digital to analogue and into your headphones.

I hope that makes some sense!