IE8 Burn in.

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by krismusic, Oct 12, 2009.

1. krismusic

krismusic Member

Just thought that I would post my experiences with the IE8's. Burn in definitely improved the straight out of the box.
    They nearly went back in the box and back to Shaun!
    Things improved after 10 hrs continuous music.
    After 30, the upper mid bass and treble had come up some way toward competing with the massive mid bass hump.
    After that, I cannot honestly say whether the percieved improvement is down to burn in, me getting used to the sound or the massive improvement that slightly reducing the seal brings.
    The 'phones have now had 100+ hrs. The sound is very pleasant.
    Not the mind blowing aural sex that reviews led me to expect but now I have adjusted my expectations, a very worthwhile upgrade to my CX300's.

2. stozzer123

stozzer123 New Member

agreed

I agree mate, very dissapointed with my IE8's. there not bad but i just dont see that massive a jump from my phonaks :( currently mines look to be sold as i am keeping the phonaks and reinvesting the IE8 cash in a home setup. again not bad (very pleasent sondstage and slightly less analytical than 112's) just expected a lot more ( also the fit is not as comfartable.)

ps at first i was shking my fist mad with them but after 150hrs burn they settled in to what described above.

cheers

David

3. Jono

Jono New Member

IE 8's Rock!

I bought a pair recently and am fortunate to really love the sound they produce. For the burn in period I've been leaving my Ipod in a cupboard working through a playlist and the high end does seem to be getting clearer or brighter. For me these are perfect, next on the list is a Ibasso D2 amp. Why own so many earphones when you can find one you really like?