IEM earphones under motorcycle helmet

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by 600stu, Aug 24, 2010.

1. 600stu

600stu New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Sorry for the double post, not had any joy for the previous post.

I'm after some IEMs really for wearing with my motorcycle helmet.

2 important factors:

1. Must be low profile - i'm talking the bony part of the ear next to the earhole (where traditional buds sit).
    The standard ipod 'phones really hurt my ear due to the helmet pressing them against my ear.

2. must be the 'seal in ear canal' type, to block the bike and wind noise.

Budget is £50 max.

i've been looking at soundmagic pl30 but not sure if they will stick out too far and cause the same prob as the iphone headphones

also looked at the sennheiser CX300 II

Any advice/ideas?
  2. Jon @ HiFi

Jon @ HiFi Super Moderator

Jun 2, 2010
    Hi 600Stu,
    The PL30's seem to be really popular with bikers, they are very flat with the Bass tuning knob being the only pertruding part. There's a couple of added benefits with the PL30's too; the cable loops over the ear and clips to you shirt via the provided Clothing Clip meaning that the earphones should be more stable when removing your helmet. They also sound fantastic!

The CX300-II's are also low profile size wise, and sound good too although the earbud doesn't extend into your ear canal as much as the PL30 and therefore will not provide the same level of isolation.

I hope this helps a little, let me know if you need any more help.

3. 600stu

600stu New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks for your help Jon.

I've placed my order for the PL30's so can't wait for them to arrive now. :)
  4. faastmoto

faastmoto New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    The Different kinds of Motorcycle Helmets to Look for

PL30 is popular indeed. One can say that by looking at the fan following.
    You guys are one of the many riders today who drive for their motorcycles. In everyday of your lives, you always take a risk while driving. Isn’t really a very critical situation for you right now? So, why settle yourself from any risk, if you can be safe while you are driving or riding in your motorcycle right now? It is much better to take an extra care, other than become so risky in your everyday lives.

Now, manufacturers of high quality brands today made only the best kind of Motorcycle Helmets to the needs of the many. They made different brands and styles in order to give options to the many. Now, they can enjoy finding the right helmets that they think they deserve to have for their everyday travel. With lots of kinds and variety of helmets to have, for sure you will have only the best that is just right to your needs.

Why not try to see this Arai Helmets, this is fabricated with high quality of materials to trust and rely on. It is made by the best people and design by the experts that you can truly rely on.

The other kinds of helmets that you should try are the Scorpion Helmets that are also a very good kind of quality that is incomparable to this kind of aria helmets.

Therefore, if you are the one who will choose, what do you think is the best one for you today? Therefore, you better try or see it personally so that you can have the best choice to make, but remember that anyone that you decide to choose is just right for you since they have both qualities to rely on and trust about.

Now is the perfect time for you to have it and you can assure that you can have only the best that is just right to your needs. Don’t be so hesitant to make the best decision that you think is right for you.