IEM's sub £40 - E10's or nothing?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Hu1ch, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hu1ch

Hu1ch New Member

Hi guys

Firstly, I've bought a couple of products from Hifi Headphones and you guys have a fantastic service!

I'm after some advice on IEM's. I bought the Soundmagic P11's then moved onto the E10's, both were amazing. My problem is I keep busting them (lose soud in one ear (P11) and one day the vocals decided to echo on the E10's). I travel a lot on the tube/train so wires get thrown about and yanked etc.

Are there any IEM's with the same quality as the E10's but a little more durable? Maybe it's just me not taking care of them? Very tempted to just by the E10's again...

Cheers

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Hu1ch,

Nice headphones like SoundMAGICs E10 and PL11 have copper wiring because copper is an excellent conductor and therefore sounds great. Metals that conduct well tend to be brittle and expensive (Gold, Silver)and also heavy. This means that for maximum comfort and minimum cost the cabling is as light as it can be made. This also means that you have to really take care of your earphones - one big kink and it is all over! All nice quality earphones have similar cables so I think it is most likely a care issue. SoundMAGIC will swap them under warranty if there is no visible damage on the cable - just send them back to the retailer you bought them from.

3. Hu1ch

Hu1ch New Member

Hi Robin

Thanks for the explanation. I think you're probably right, I should have taken better care of them. The E10's are a great set of earphones. Would you recommend any cases or similar that would be good to store them in?

I actually bought them from yourselves in July this year. How do I go about getting them swapped?

Cheers