IEM's with inline volume control

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Reeder, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Reeder

Reeder New Member

Morning,

Just would like to ask if you have any reccomendations of in ear headphones that have an inline volume control? I will be using my headphones on my iPhone & under my helmet on my motorbike and it is very important that I am able to control the volume without needing to go into my pocket and fiddle around with the volume on the phone whilst wearing big thick gloves. My budget would be sub £100, but the cheaper the better. They don't have to have the most amazing sound, but just something better than the standard ones with a decent seal to block the wind noise. Ideally they'd have mouldable foam tips to ensure I am able to block out as much excess noise as possible and so that I can listen to my music on a safer and lower volume.

Thanks in advance.

Reeder

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Reeder

There are a number of things to look for - quite a few Motorcyclists have given glowing reports of these

Comply NR-10i Noise Reduction Earphones for iPhone (NR10i)
    £89.95

These give a warmer sound. They can stick out a little in some peoples ears so these are flatter in the ear and work well fitting under a helmet but are less bassy and more detailed.

Audeo PFE 022 Perfect Bass Earphones with Mic in Black (PFE-022)
    £99.95

These Sennheisers and AiAiAi are small and quite warm sounding, plenty of bottom end but a bit basic sounding -

Sennheiser MM50 iPhone Sound Isolating Earphones Black (MM 50ip)
    £42.95

or

AiAiAi Pipe In-Ear Sound Isolating Headphones with Mic in Black
    £35.95