In-ear Earphones under $70

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by soong, Dec 17, 2010.

1. soong

soong New Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Hello all. This is my first post on hifiheadphones!
    I would like to ask my first question that I've been concerning for past week (I really want everything out of my money!)
    I read numerous reviews and posts about Klipsch and Sennheiser In-ear Earphones. For person who suggests Klipsch says Sennheiser's earphone reviews are over hyped, and for person who suggests Sennheiser says Klipsch's earphone reviews are over hyped. This confused me a lot.

I've been thinking about Sennheiser CX-300 or CX-400, and Klipsch-S2 or S4 (Personally, I think S4 is too expensive for me.)

I know from reading posts that what might sound good for you will sound different to me. I really don't care.

I listen to Classic music all the time, and I would like to hear some opinions about Sennheiser CX-300 or CX-400, and Klipsch-S2 or S4 for classical musics.

Sorry for my long post!
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Classical Music enthusiasts tend to like a lighter touch, a bit less bass and as much detail as possible as this will flatter the music and a wider sound stage makes more sense of the often crowded and complex stereo image.

These two headphones offer incredible detail and subtlety at this price range. Instead of traditional dynamic drivers they use balanced armature style technology which creates more definition and an EQ favourable to Classical and Jazz.

Etymotic mc5 High-Definition In-Ear Isolating Earphones in Black

SoundMAGIC PL50 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones (PL 50)