In Ear Headphones for Heavy Metal Listening

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by franciscomgs, Feb 28, 2012.

1. franciscomgs

franciscomgs New Member

Hi there!

I am thinking about buying myself some new in ear headphones.

I currently own a 4 year old pair of creative Ep-635 (which I must say I always liked). They are coming apart right now and so want to buy some new headphones.

I listen to things such as DreamTheater, Opeth, Meshuggah, Aggaloch, Symphony X, Necrophagist, Kamelot, etc... Just to give you an idea of the kind of sound I pour into my ears.

Bearing this in mind, what in ear headphones (below 80£) would you advise me to buy?

P.S. I was thinking about the Beyerdynamic DTX101ie.

Cheers!

(I have posted this on another forum section, but this is likely the best place to ask)

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Beyerdynamic

Beyerdynamic would be great. I own 3 of their headphones and love them.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

These Beyers are a great in-ear, they have a warm and comfortable feel which means you can listen to aggressive music for extwended periods without getting fatigued. If you were less of a basshead and wanted a slightly more delicate and detailed feel these are also worth looking at -

Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass Earphones in Black (PFE-012)
    £89.99

4. peluche

peluche New Member

Hi
    i have read this post with interest as it is almost what i wanted to ask! I have a pair of beats over ear and love the bass response. For gym etc i currently have some Bose but they are now breaking. I listen to a lot of heavy rock but also varied stuff, after reading your best... guide i wanted to ask if you can you advise on the Beyer DTX 101 v the Sure SE215

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

DTX101 are warmer with bigger bass SE215 are slightly less warm with a more balanced bass end and lusher slightly more forward mids.

Hope that helps:)

6. peluche

peluche New Member

thanks for the tip, how do they copmpare to the Beats in ear headphones?