In Ear Headphones for less than £100

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by camy2495, May 21, 2011.

1. camy2495

camy2495 New Member

Hello all :)

I currently have no earphones (other pair broke) and i would like to buy new ones however i have no idea what to buy. I mostly listen to rap,indie and some classic rock however my budget is around £100 but i could stretch it to around £150 if need be.I would like to listen to music on my HTC Desire HD so if they came with a compatible mic then that would be nice although it not compulsory. I am not to bothered about looks however comfort and sound are very important to me. Could you suggest earphones for me ??

2. camy2495

camy2495 New Member

just to say i also like going to the gym and run a lot but i can now afford up to £200 if it helps

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Camy2495

There is no end to the choices for use in the gym and with your budget you can pretty much pick from all the options.

Almost made for your brief would be these, I mention them first as they are the most expensive option and should help judge between the other options when looking at functionality.

Sennheiser IE8i High-Fidelity In-Ear Isolating iPhone Earphones
    £204.95

These are one of the best sounding dynamic driver earphones ever produced. Dynamic drivers work much better with circumstances where excessive moisture or humidity is involved. Balanced armatures are much more sensitive to liquid ingress, although mostly a balanced armature earphone is the one suggested for sound quality with your tastes the IE8 should be right up your street with strong bass and a powerful sound but a laid back edge. Over ear cabling will keep these really still on the head and there is one of the best selections of included tips for best in ear fit. Although this model has a mic, multi function button and a volume control they are set up for the iPhone/iPod. The mic and MFB will work (according to online reports) but the volume will not. I do not know of similar earphones with a specific HTC Desire controller.

Here are some other options which also fit your requirements

Sennheiser OMX680i Clip-On Sport Headphones for iPhone
    £44.95

AiAiAi Tracks Closed-Back Retro Headphones with Mic in Black
    £54.95

Klipsch Image S5i Rugged In-Ear Isolating Earphones with Mic
    £119.95

Hope that helps

4. camy2495

camy2495 New Member

thank you for the suggestions i think i will go for the IE8i but im not sure yet.
    once again thank you