In-ear headphones under £40?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by maxitronus155, Nov 4, 2011.

1. maxitronus155

maxitronus155 New Member

Hi all!

Right, basically, I'm just a music enthusiast whose previous In-ear headphones have died(Sennheiser Cx300's)!

As these are purely for travel I'm looking to spend no more than £40, so any and all recommendations are apprectiated!

Thanks,

Max

2. rs939

rs939 New Member

3. viago1

viago1 New Member

i bought the sound magic pl30 for about £30 from here. i was very happy with them but felt they were a touch light on bass. unfortunately they stopped working on 1 channel and the great people here are in the process of replacing them (-fantastic fast no quibble response-thank you).
    now, heres the thing, i listen to music all the time so as an interim measure i went out to pc world and bought some cheapo "i luv music" earphones as a stop gap. £7.99 but at the till £3.97. absolutely superb and with the extra base i wanted. bought another pair today as spares.
    i listen to devotional aria, pink floyd, johnny cash, elvis, eminem and whitney houston. so pretty much all bases covered.

4. andrewscott

andrewscott New Member

Hii Maxit ,

I have also face the same problem. Choosing good headphones is not easy. I have been using KOSS for a long time, but a few months ago I decided to test smth new. I bought AKG. And it wasn't a good idea. So I spent money again and bought my favourite KOSS. It is Portable, good quality, reasonably prised.. I am listening to metal and rock I use koss portaPro and have never had anything better than these. But they are not in-ear headphones. They are supra-aural. So if you are looking for smth like in-ear Sennheiser I can recommend you Sony headphones (their price is high but under the £100 limit) or a skullcandy (lower than Sony price, but the headphones are cool). So, good luck

5. Clark.Kent

Clark.Kent New Member

I had exactly the same problem with 3 pairs of sennheiser CX400s. I've just got a pair of SondMAGIC E10's - simply a great pair of in ear phones. I listen to a lot of prog rock and they have a great dynamic range for the price. They are comfortable - look better built than the CX400 - go buy some!