In-Ear headphones with good isolation

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by kubas246, Mar 7, 2013.

1. kubas246

kubas246 New Member

Hi, I want to buy headphones for my Sandisk Sansa Clip+. I'm listening mainly to rock (and sometimes metal). I'm looking for in-ear headphones with very good isolation, I can pay 15-25£ for them. I thinked about Etymotic MC3 (but in UK they cost more than 50£) and MEE CX21 (but it's not easy to get them in UK). Do you know some headphones good for rock with very good isolation? Please help and sorry for my English.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi kubas246

Nothing wrong with your english!:)

WHat kind of music do you like and would you prefer a bass heavy sound or a clarity focussed one?

3. kubas246

kubas246 New Member

I listen to rock, metal (and their subgenres) and sometimes other kinds. I prefer clarity focussed headphones. I'm looking for in-ear headphones with very good isolation.

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

It's quite tricky to find clarity focused headphones at around the £20 point.

I'd suggest having a look at the SoundMAGIC PL11 or the PL21. The PL11 has a smoother presentation with warmer bass response, but both will dig out plenty of detail in your music.

For maximum sound isolation you should look into Comply Foam tips.

5. kubas246

kubas246 New Member

What about Etymotic MC3 and MEE CX21?

6. RobinHiFi

Etymotic MC3 is way out of this price bracket but you may like it and MEE CX21 is not a bad choice but a little over budget. I would also look at SoundMAGIC PL30 - pretty amazing for the price and RHA-MA350.

7. kubas246

kubas246 New Member

I'm thinking about buying MC3 or CX21 when i will be back in Poland. They cost about 20£ there, but i don't know which one is better choice.

8. RobinHiFi

I would go for the MEE CX21 or if you can get one Brainwavz M1 maybe that.