In ear headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by franco77, May 24, 2010.

1. franco77

franco77 New Member

Can anyone tell me which are the better earphones??

I have been looking at the Bose in ear and the Nuforce NE-8's.

Thanks

Nick

2. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

The bose in-ear are pretty said to offer very bad sound quality but personally I never heard them to confirm it, either heard the Nuforce.
    The Nuforce should still be the better phone of these two. I'm sure you able to find reviews on it - try google.

3. franco77

franco77 New Member

Thanks for the info. I bought Sennheiser CX870's. Really good soud from them, prices online ranged from £60 to £80 but I got them from a great shop called Hi Fi Corner in Edinburgh for £55

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sennheiser CX870 v Bose Triport In-Ear

Yes, probably best to keep away from Bose in-ears. We regularly get reports from customers complaining that their Bose earphones don't fit well and they are disappointed with the audio performance.

I haven't had chance to give the Sennheiser CX870s a listen yet. How do they sound? Sennheiser earphones normally sound warm and punchy, with sparkly high end. Often the midrange is lacking a little for vocal recordings, but plenty of power for big basslines.

I'd be very interested to hear what you thought of them and what you listen to.