in-ears for travelling

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by hatecrew1992, Sep 4, 2011.

1. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

hi guys,

at the moment I´m looking for IEM´s to use while traveling. Since I sometimes am 6 hours or more on a plane/train it is very important for them to be comfortable to wear for long listening. I mainly use my IPod with 320kbps mp3´s and my Laptop with lossless songs. I mainly listen to drum and base/dubstep and death-/metal/-hardcore so a nice bass would be great.

I was hoping that 200€ would be enough, but would go up if it would be worth it.

many thanks,
    hatecrew

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi hatecrew1992

I would go for these

Westone 3 True-Fit In-Ear Isolating Headphones (Westone3)
    £249.95

Although a little bit over the budget they really suit the genres you mention, I can't imagine you enjoying many other earphones as much. The Westone 3 is what a lot of people call Contemporary sounding, that is bigger at the bottom end with a smile curve to the EQ. Great for Pop, RnB, Rap and Dance Music, well suited to contemporary Metal. They also work for anyone who likes a big smile curve EQ with tons of bottom end - they are what I would describe as exciting!

3. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

thanks for the information,

they look nice and I was already thinking of buying them, but since they are over the budget I first wanted to ask your opinion on the Klipsch image X10i and the Westone UM2 since they both would be in the budget.

thanks hatecrew

4. RobinHiFi

Westone UM2 will not work particularly well for the type of music you like, they are not the type of tough contemporary bass heavy sound you are after. The X10 is pretty interesting because of its size and weight - they are great looking little units and the sound signature is perfect for your tastes:)

5. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

Although the Westone 3 sounded very interresting, I decided to order the Klipsch image x10i. Thank you for your advice it was a great help for me,

hatecrew

6. RobinHiFi

Hope you really enjoy them!:D