'In the ear' headphones with foam pads on - please help

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by MV Owner, Dec 1, 2011.

1. MV Owner

MV Owner New Member

Hello People,

A newbie here so please be gentle!!!

My girlfriend listens to her MP3 whilst at the gym. She has some cheap Sony earphones which sit in her ear (or very close to fitting in her ear). They are similar to the items at this link:-

Earbud Headphones

The only difference is hers have small little foam pads that fit over each earphone, presumably to assist with comfort.

She has asked for some replacement items for Christmas. I have a budget of £30 including delivery so would appreciate thoughts on what I can purchase which offers best performance for the money.

No doubt the experts will say they are not the best type of ear phones but if I buy her anything other than earphones that are similar to those in the above link (complete with the foam pads) then all hell will break loose!!!

Many thanks and help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MV

2. MV Owner

MV Owner New Member

Can anyone help with this please people?

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Ear buds do not work well for most people and are the runt of the earphone litter - This means that there is not much focus on making great earbuds.

Sennheiser MX880 Premium Stereo Earbud Earphones (MX 880)
    £34.96 - These are ok

Yuin PK1 Professional Monitor Earbud Headphones (PK-1)
    £159.96 - These sound great when I press them really hard into my ears, which I guess is why these are the only hiigh end actual Ear Bud earphones I've ever seen.

If you were feeling adventurous, go for some In Ear Monitors (IEM's)which stay in the ear much better - If you go for ones with "cable up" or "Pro fit" they may work even better!

SoundMAGIC PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black
    £29.99