increasing output volume of phone

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by reeper, Nov 22, 2009.

1. reeper

reeper New Member

Hi everyone.

I am new here so not sure if this is the correct place to post this. sorry if this is incorrect . I recently bought a pair of skull candy ti’s to use as a pair of headphones for my Nokia N97. However to my dismay I found out that that the Nokia’s have an European volume restriction on them, which to my knowledge cannot be removed, which means that they are hard to listen to on a noisy train. I am unable to purchase a high end noise cancelation headphone so was looking for a cheap solution that will hopefully increase the volume of my device. I have seen the FiiO E5 on the net but i am not sure if it increase output volume. Can anyone help

2. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

The FiiO E5 increase the volume a bit when maxed out, probably not like real amps but what you likely require. I recommend it if you on budget.
    btw. welcome to our forums. :)

If you ask, your question more belongs inside the amplifiers forum but not a big sidestep your in. The mods will move you if necessary :D

3. reeper

reeper New Member

Thanks for the welcome. Any suggest on any gear which will give noticable increase in volume

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Volume restriction

Is it possible to get a firmware upgrade for the Nokia to eliminate the volume restriction? Or a patch of some kind?