Inearphones for MP3

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Evilchicken0, May 15, 2013.

1. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

Hi There

Disaster !!!
    My Nuforce NE8 have dropped out on one side - I guess the wire has come adrift somewhere. I know these earphones weren't everybodies cup of tea and I had to stick them back together a few times with superglue, but I kinda like them.

They're used with my moby phone (Samsung Google Nexus) and have Comply foam buds on. I listen to old UK Garage, Jungle (like Big Bud, Alex Reece), The Breeders, U2 Old Iron Maiden, Dr Alimantado, Dub Syndicate ... yada yada. Usually I listen on my way to work on the Tube, next when I work on my motobikes and then on flights if they don't have the Bose noise cancelling headpones. I would use them riding motorbikes which is why the Nuforce design could have been good but my helmet pulls the cables and drags them out my ears when I put it on so I'll just wear earplugs.

From brosing the shop I looked at Beyerdynamic MMX 101 - I had some of there headphones once; Ultimate Ear ... they look comfortable and should have good isolation; and of course Sennhieser, I've used their stuff for years.

So there you go, knock yourseves out. I guess I preffer a hifi sound, bass is less important and I could even get down to your showroom at the weekend.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Well worth reading this Best-cheap-earphones-top-5-buying-guides - most of these have an option for a mic.

SoundMAGIC E10M Isolating Earphones with Apple Mic Black/Red
    £49.99 - Lovely sound but has a slightly elevated bass, really fun though and Award Winning.

Audiofly AF45M In-Ear Earphones with Smartphone Mic Extra Virgin
    £69.95 - New and lovely.

NuForce NE-700M In-Ear Monitor Earphones in Smokey Bronze (2013)
    £75.00 - something familiar? -ish.

Etymotic hf3 In-Ear Isolating Earphones for iPhone in Black
    £119.95 - These are great if you want a flat EQ and a focus on brightness.

I like these four anyway:)

3. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

Cool thanks for pointing me in the directiong of those. I assume the microphones work with Andriod phones as well as i phone ?

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

5. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

I think I'll go for thr NuForce, do you have any ear loops or hooks so I can wear them over the ear ?

6. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

Got the NuForce 700 today - That was very quick service thank you.

I know these have to play in but ... really they're not as clear as the 8's. Maybe the comply buds don't suit them, they sound muddy, just not as bright as the 8's.

I've left them playing, will they change their sound ?

7. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

The NE8 and NE700 will sound different. The NE700 do have a bit more bass to them, this can take the focus away from the detail. The NE8s weren't as bassy and therefore more of the focus was on detail.

The sound won't change much after using them more, they are just a different sounding earphone from the older NE8.

Are you still not happy with the sound?

8. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

No, still not feeling it.
    I spoke to the guys a HiFi heads and arranged to swap them, I'll have a look around for an alternative.

Its my first wedding aniversary this weekend so I've got my mind on that :)

9. Evilchicken0

Evilchicken0 New Member

As a round up I sent the NuForce back and upsold to the Shure SE315. I felt at home with the sound straight away and I know I'll be fine with them.

They have excellent isolation, the cables can be a bit noisy and the jack plug doesn't work 100% with the case on my phone but the dremmel will sort that out.
    The cables detach on these so fingers crossed if the do break I can replace them.

I have to say a thank you to HiFi Headphones for understanding why I needed to change and helping me along the way.

10. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm happy you have found an earphone that suits your needs, it can be tricky sometimes.

We are always happy to help and if there is anything else we can do in the future then just let us know!