iPad, Fiio E17 & SPDIF connection

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by kinega, Jun 24, 2013.

1. kinega

kinega New Member

I want to be able to listen to 24 bit music via Squeezebox server/iPeng on my iPad & Fiio E17
    I have got a cheap camera connection kit but this doesn't work. I have tried using external power supply to this but still not working.
    My question is would the genuine Apple connection kit work this combination or is there some other way?
    It seems to me the simplest way would be a connector with iPad dock one end & SPDIF the other. Presumably not possible because I have been searching & can't see anything.
    many thanks

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The only thing I know or have heard about the Camera Connect Kit is, it's supposed to support ordinary USB data like a desktop or laptop computer - nothing else.

3. kinega

kinega New Member

thats about it, gives you USB connection to your iPad.
    If I plug my E17 via USB to my PC it gives me 24 bit output, was hoping for the same from iPad.
    Hopefully someone out there has come up with an easy solution?

many thanks

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

One other thing I remember about iPad is, it needs a powered USB to connect to amps. It was intended only as a camera connect, and USB to amps requires more power than a camera connection. Even though the E17 has power behind its USB, that doesn't help the iPad, which needs to have a powered USB hub.