iPod dock cables

Discussion in 'Cables, Power & Accessories' started by henders, Nov 24, 2008.

1. henders

henders New Member

I've been searching for a dock connector cable to connect my iPod Nano to a CMoy headphone amp. The CMoy has a 3.5mm jack socket, so the cable needs to be iPod Dock Connector to 3.5mm jack.

Any ideas on a source in the UK for this?

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Dock connector cable for iPod

We've been searching for such a cable for some time to offer on HiFi Headphones. It's the way to get the best audio signal out of the iPod as a proper non-amplified line level signal is presented on the dock connector, which means you can feed a portable headphone amp with a nice clean signal (avoiding the noisy headphone output).

Keep an eye on the iPod cables & interconnects area on the HiFi Headphones website in the new year. We should also be introducing a rather nice portable headphone amp at about the same time! :cool:

3. Shaun-HiFi

iPod dock to 3.5mm jack audio cable

A quick update on the situation with iPod dock audio cables. We've just taken delivery of this sensibly priced iPod dock to 3.5mm jack audio cable.

We'll soon also be stocking an adapter that fits in the 30 pin iPod dock and provides a 3.5mm jack socket, so you can use your own high quality audio cable with it.

Both of the products mentioned above are ideal for connecting your iPod to an audio system or headphone amplifier.

4. jimmyb

jimmyb New Member

iPod dock line out cable for headphone amp

I've been looking for a way to drive my Graham Slee Voyager headphone amp with the line out available on the iPod dock connector for some time. That iPod Dock to 3.5mm Jack Cable looks just the job!

I've noticed that other headphone amps often have RCA phono audio inputs. In particular I was thinking of the Graham Slee Novo, but I've also seen it with portable headphone amplifiers. Is there a cable that will connect the lineout on the iPod dock to an amp with RCA phono inputs?

5. Ian T

Ian T New Member

iPod docking cable

I'm currently investigating cables from Russ Andrews, a firm I've bought my loudspeaker cables and hifi interconnects from for years. Noticed yesterday that they had some iPod docking cables. I've never been disappointed in their products, and always found my cabling upgrades improved the music.

For connector starting at £29: GQ-24 interconnect for iPod : Connect Direct! If you connect your iPo...

I use silver interconnects on my hifi, so will probably go for
    GQ-25Ag interconnect for iPod : Our GQ-24 interconnect has proved very... - but am waiting to hear back from Russ Andrews that the dock fittings will work with my 2ndGen iTouch.

6. Shaun-HiFi

7. RobGoodison

RobGoodison New Member

Just to let owners of the newer iPods (iPhone 3G, iPod touch second generation, and iPod nano fourth generation)…the iBasso Line Out Dock Adapter works fine with these models.

Some older LOD adapters do not work with the newer models, and they look awfully similar to this iBasso adapter.

I purchased a couple of LOD adapters from Desktop Audio earlier this month, and they only work with my iPod classic, but neither my iPod touch (2G), nor iPod nano (4G).

8. hifi28

hifi28 New Member

thanks for this post i have iPod docking cable and this post is very helpful