iPod earphones for £50-60

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by janey, Dec 14, 2008.

1. janey

janey New Member

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good quality set of in ear headphones (for use with an iPod) in the range of about £50-60.

I don't really want to spend too much on my earphones, but I'm fed up with the standard iPod earphones as they keep falling out of my ears.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

iPod headphones for £50

Hi Janey. Welcome to the forum!

Below are some good candidates for in-ear earphones that are suitable for use with an iPod at around the £50 point:

Sennheiser CX500 - In-ear earphone with sound isolating design. Good sound quality. Good build quality. Seals out external noise very well. Large earphone body can cause problems with fit on very small ears.

Goldring GX200 - In-ear earphone with sound isolating design. Very good sound quality. Very comfortable (comes with ultra-soft Comply foam eartips). Fits smaller ears well. Not as good build quality as Sennheiser CX500.

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio - In ear sound isolating earphones. Very robust build quality (including replaceable cables). Very secure pro-loop, over ear fit system. Very balanced sound with excellent levels of detail and clarity (although less bass response than Sennheiser and Goldring).

Shaun

3. hallioe

hallioe New Member

iPod headphones for £50

Hello, also looking to move on from the standard apple earphones.
    Wondering if these are still good choices or if there are newer better releases?

Saw the Sennheiser CX300-II Precision on the replacing cheap headphones page, but would be willing to pay slightly more if i should..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

iPod headphones for £50

The Sennheiser CX300-II is a great earphone, and excellent value for money. The Sennheiser CX400-II is a step up in performance and is actually the replacement for the old CX500 (it's essentially the same earphone with a different name).

Also worth considering is the SoundMAGIC range. Amazing value for money. See Stuff.tv's SoundMAGIC PL11 review for some ideas of what to expect.

5. hallioe

hallioe New Member

I went ahead and got the CX500s, mainly because eventhough they were older, they were still more expensive. :p
    One week later and they're not, so i'm an idiot and next time i need earphones i'll do more research beforehand! but thankyou!