iPod earphones that block out noise

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by mandyx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. mandyx

mandyx New Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I have just bought yet another set of earphones that are no good for me as the entrance to my ear canal is very small (They were memory foam ones that came with 2 sizes of foam). The iPod issued earphones only just rest in my outer ear and will not stay there.

I notice HiFi Headphones do children ear phones and wonder if these ones would be ok for me. I presume the volume is sufficient to hear and cut out outside noise?I am having an local anaesthetic operation soon and need to block out the hammers!

I've been looking at these:

Ultimate Ears Loud Enough Childrens Headphones in Plum
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Earphones for small ear canals

We often get reports from customers with a similar problem with in-ear headphones. The Ultimate Ears Loud Enough earphones are smaller than normal in-ear headphones, so often do fit smaller ears. They are a sound isolating design, so do keep out external noise.

Another option is the Goldring GX200. These earphones have a 'round the corner' earbud design that makes them easy to fit in smaller ears. The Goldring GX200 also comes with Comply Foam eartips, which are very comfortable for all ear sizes. We've had many positive reports about these earphones working for people with smaller ears.

Comply Foam eartips can also be fitted to a range of different earphone models. See the following link for more information: