Is it worth buying some sennheiser ie80 earphones?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by bradleyscott555, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bradleyscott555

bradleyscott555 New Member

Hello I'm really into my music and how it sounds I love a heavy feel loads of quality and lots of deep bass I generally listen to dubstep and all round beaty music I have had some sennheiser cx300's and some itour beats earphones I liked the bass from the cx300's and the quality from the beats but it lacks what I'm really lusting for I want ear full orgasms of sound and bass humming low from every beat and basically will the jump up to the sennheiser ie80's really blow me away?

2. bradleyscott555

please will someone help?

any advice would be nice

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

4. bradleyscott555

Thanks well I'm pretty settled with getting these ones I think as they look like they'll meet my needs would just like someone who's used/got these to just give me that final push in to buying them

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

You mean Sennheiser IE80's?

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I've read a lot of reviews, so I went back to the IE80 reviews and here's what they confirmed:

DO buy some Comply tips since you'll get much better results than with the standard tips.

The bass is incredibly good, but also adjustable (don't know how this works).

The reviews are pretty much 100 percent on the overall great sound.

I wish I could get such complete reviews and information on items that I'm looking to purchase. Most of the time good information is hard to get.

7. bradleyscott555

Well I'll be using the same tips from my old earphones as they seem to be the best for me. And thank you for having a look I appreciate it I do hope the bass is as good as its said to be well I think I'll order them soon. There currently on amazon for £212.00 witch seems to be quite a good price. I'll give you my own feedback on them once received thanks for the help!

8. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Bradley,

You can ask me questions about these if you like - I have used them quite a bit.:)

9. bradleyscott555

Awesome. Well two questions really as you can turn the bass up and down on it's max setting Does it fade out any of the quality / do the other sounds still sound loud?, by that I mean I find a lot of the time as soon as the bass drops it overpowers everything and drowns out the rest of the sound making it a lot quieter.

and as this is a big step up for me will they really give me that frill I've been wanting? Thanks for your help will be much appreciated.

10. bradleyscott555

Also seen as you've used them quite a bit in your opinion is the bass one of the best you've tryed? As I'm really interested to find out of its as good as everyone says it is. really excited to get these just can't Wate haha

11. RobinHiFi

The IE80 have their positives and negatives. The bass being tunable is a nice touch - even at minimum bass they are still very bottom end heavy. The Bass does bleed into the lower mids and they have a slightly recessed feel because of this, as would normally be the case this worsens as you turn the bass up. If you want a warm and comfortable sound which feels fluid with the ability to have teeth rattling bass and you are willing to sacrifice a bit of top end detail the IE80 could be for you. They are really well built and pretty tough, replaceable cable is well thought out and they come with an excellent selection of accessories. They are not as detailed and are simply not designed to do the same thing as SE535 or UM3X, they are for bassheads, no earphone or headphone does it all. If these were you earphone of choice you would probably be an electronic music fan into HipHop, RnB, Bass Music or possibly a classic rock fan who likes a warm and Bassheavy feel.

Sennheiser IE80 In-Ear Isolating Audiophile Earphones (IE 80)
    £259.96

Also worth looking at these:)

Westone 3 True-Fit In-Ear Isolating Headphones (Westone3)
    £279.95

12. bradleyscott555

From what you've just said the IE80's defnetly seem to be for me I would like the high end quality but I can sacrifice it for the teeth rattling bass sounds good to me. And yeah I was originally going to get the Westone 3's it was only when I saw the IE80's that it changed purely because you can turn the bass up and down I do listen to bass heavy music a lot of the time but I also like chilled out relaxing music will little bass so to be able to turn the bass down I suppose enhance the quality would be perfect for me. Thanks for the help love the sight!

13. RobinHiFi

No problem bradleyscott555, hope you really enjoy them if you get a pair :)

14. bradleyscott555

Haha its not if it's when looking forward to it I'll wright my own review of them when the time comes.

15. RobinHiFi

They have very smooth bass which doesn't distort until it is really loud. Obviously the quality of the files you use will show up as they are very capable so start ripping all your favourite stuff in lossless is you havent already:)

16. bradleyscott555

ahh thank you for the advice but I'm afraid I'm already prepared 320bps all the way! Love my quality not used any earphones for over 3months as my old ones broke and not got round to buying new ones these earphones just sound so much better then anything I've tryed so far.

I generally don't think there's anything that I'm looking forward to right now then the IE80's.

Out of interest on a song that has bass in the background and the bass gets higher and lower will I be able to hear a difference in the bass? As in feel the different waves of bass that pass through the song.

thanks again for you advice!

17. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The resolution of the earphone is excellent to distinguish bass qualities from every angle. Whether bass impact, detail, transient time, tone color and harmonics - you can't find better resolution. Your 320k MP3's will be fine for that purpose, but the lossless tracks will have additional detail in the very fine upper harmonics that you can hear when it's very quiet where you are and you have full attention on the music. That's very late at night for me, and listening only, not doing Internet.

18. bradleyscott555

Couldn't answer my question any better really getting them soon just want them now ha.

and yes I know exactly what you mean relaxing with just the music sounds so much better hearing every beat and note, nothing better.

19. RobinHiFi

Where I live there is constant road noise during the day so you can only really appreciate the full quality of open backs on a night. It is amazing the difference total silence makes to being able to distinguish the finest detail or really hear the texture of bass strings etc.

20. bradleyscott555

Its quite noisey where I live too, yes I find at night when there's just no noise at all it sounds 3 times better i can't really describe it but it's best time to ever listen to music