is there a difference between the beats by dr. dre solo hd red and black?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by MaDinz, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MaDinz

MaDinz New Member

hi guys, i just bought 2 new headphones from beats by dr. dre!
    both solo HD, but when i tryed them, i notice a HUGE difference of quality! is it a problem with the black one or the red one is realy that better? plus the price was the same...
    hope you can help me!
    *sorry i'm swiss and and don't speak much english*

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD red or black?

They should be identical. Are you sure they are both genuine? There are so many fakes of the Dr. Dre range for sale.

3. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

There should be no difference at all, if they are the genuine item......... did you purchase them both from the same supplier ?

4. TheNameIsJambo

TheNameIsJambo New Member

I have no reservations regarding Dr. Dre headphones, although I generally give this advice:

"You should really avoid the Dr. Dre & Beats range." - Although if you enjoy them, then fair enough!

In the future, once you've moved away from the Monster headphones, try these:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Shure SRH-840 Professional

Sony MDR XB-700 - These are probably one of the best headphones for lots of bass!

And here is a new Sony MDR-XB 1000 range just about to be released!

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/01/ces-headphones-hands-on/?pid=1127

They look like car tyres on your head! :O But they have 70mm drivers - That means the bass will melt your face! :D

Depending on your preference -these examples could potentially be much better than Beats by Dr.Dre!

Thanks,
    Jamie.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011