Is there anything wrong with my headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Headphonic, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Headphonic

Headphonic New Member

Hello

I bought a pair of Aerial7 Tanks a couple of days ago.

I noticed when walking in the street more "outside sound" (from things going by) enters the left can more than the right.

For what its worth, The left can is the side which has the cable going down.

Is this meant to be?

Edit: This is weird but when I wore it the other way around, both of the earcups sound the same. I dunno.

Btw I think I might have explained it wrong. It's not more sound that comes in. It's more like less muffled than the right cup. More clearer. Like placing a cloth on your right ear and a slightly thinner cloth on the left. I hope u understand

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Try experimenting - use a sound that should be the same in both ears, then switch left and right on your head. If you hear very differently when switching sides, then the headphone is unbalanced, otherwise it would seem that one of your ears hears differently.

3. Headphonic

Headphonic New Member

Also this only happens when The sound is coming towards the outer side of the earcup
    Is this common? Are my headphobes broken?
    Would this in anyway effect the headphones usage experience?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012