Isolation and leaking sound help !! please

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by readbmr, Feb 15, 2011.

1. readbmr

readbmr New Member

Hi can anybody recommend a good full size headphone that wont leak much sound and that has good noise isolation, ok i start of by saying i will be using with my iphone 4 and a fiio e5 portable amp, ive tried the sens hd 25 1 11 and wow they good but leak very loud at high volumes, also tried the shures srh 440 and they leak aswell, am i being to fussy or is it impossible to find a good headphone that wont leak to much sound? im currently using some akg 518s and they seem not to bad as dont leak as much as the above mentioned 2 headphones..

Im after good bass response and also like listening to loud music, each and every one to their own, lol...i suppose this is the best place to come to for advice and also is there a secondhand section on here anywhere to buy headphones ? oh just to add what are the beyerdynamics dt770 like, will they be ok or any other recommendations please and would i need 16 or 32 ohms ..or whatever !!! will be using with iphone 4 and fiio e5 portable amp..dont understand what ohm i would need as dont want to buy the wrong ones incase anybody recommends these are good..

Thanks from Brian

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Headphones with good sound isolation

The Beyerdynamic DT770 has excellent sound isolation and punchy bass response, so would be an excellent choice.

The 80 ohm DT770 will work well with a FiiO E5 and will give you a slightly flatter response than the 32 Ohm revision. These two are a nice combination.

3. tiduslrg

tiduslrg New Member

Thank you for this info. Looking forward to another one.