Jaybird Freedoms

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by paulash69, Feb 27, 2012.

1. paulash69

paulash69 New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I run a lot. Currently have neckband Phillips sports headphones. It doesn't have a microphone - I run with my iphone as it's linked to the NIKE GPS+ app that I use at the same time.

Been looking at these for a while but some reviews have said that the call option is sadly a little poor. I think I can manage that as most of the time I don't get any calls but when I do at the moment I have to get the phone out, unplug the headphones and by that time the call's been missed!

Anyway, I'm planning to run a marathon shortly. Theh 6 hour charge time should be more than enough. The real question is how do you think these are going to cope in my ears for about 5 hours at a time? Is that too long to be having these wireless headphones on before they start to get really uncomfortable?
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi paulash69

'm guessing you are a very confident runner as I suspect I would be "walking" a marathon in a considerably longer time than 5 hours:)

I have never worn the Jaybird freedoms for this length of time, I suspect they would eventually become uncomfortable but with a break you would be ok to put them back in. Everybody has a different tollerance but if you train in them a bit you will find them less fatiguing when doing the marathon.

Good luck on your run!