Jaybird Freedoms

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by paulash69, Feb 27, 2012.

1. paulash69

paulash69 New Member

Hi
    I run a lot. Currently have neckband Phillips sports headphones. It doesn't have a microphone - I run with my iphone as it's linked to the NIKE GPS+ app that I use at the same time.

Been looking at these for a while but some reviews have said that the call option is sadly a little poor. I think I can manage that as most of the time I don't get any calls but when I do at the moment I have to get the phone out, unplug the headphones and by that time the call's been missed!

Anyway, I'm planning to run a marathon shortly. Theh 6 hour charge time should be more than enough. The real question is how do you think these are going to cope in my ears for about 5 hours at a time? Is that too long to be having these wireless headphones on before they start to get really uncomfortable?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi paulash69

'm guessing you are a very confident runner as I suspect I would be "walking" a marathon in a considerably longer time than 5 hours:)

I have never worn the Jaybird freedoms for this length of time, I suspect they would eventually become uncomfortable but with a break you would be ok to put them back in. Everybody has a different tollerance but if you train in them a bit you will find them less fatiguing when doing the marathon.

Good luck on your run!