Just bought a Graham Slee Voyager....

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by haroldlovesmaude, Nov 15, 2009.

1. haroldlovesmaude

haroldlovesmaude New Member

Hi. I've just bought a Graham Slee Voyager, and am already very impressed. I use a not-very fancy cable so far from the headphone out of my ipod video (5G) to the input on the Voyager. The issue though is headphones. I use at home my Sennheiser HD565 Ovations. Quite a few years old but going strong. But when I commute to London one day a week, I took the Voyager this time, but I think it needs better in-ear phones than my Creative ones (that admittedly weren't expensive from Amazon, but were a big improvement over the ipod ones). They sound pretty awful with the Voyager. So I am now thinking where do I start on headphones for travelling? I'm not really comfortable lugging around any over the ear jobs about, so in-ear best for my needs. Isee that SP-30 is well regarded, and seems a fair price. I am not too keen to spend huge amounts. I did see someone the other day in some of those Dr Dre Tour by Monster ones with the red cable (more like £99)...but again not really a red cable kind of guy! I tend to listen to electronic music, like the French duo Air, though all sorts on ipod.

I am also thinking of going down the Russ Andrews GQ-** cable route (forget it's number at moment).

Any advice appreciated, as I guess these in ears phones aren't something you can test before buying!

2. krismusic

krismusic Member

Hi, I can highly reccomend the RA LOD. If only for the build quality. I have the silver version but that is just because I am a silver cable kind of guy. I would expect that you will get 99% of the goodness with his cooking variety, for much less cost. I found that my 6th gen Classic sounded miles better from LOD rather than headphone out. You may even be happy with your current headphones, with the LOD. That set up would be very happy with some nice cans though. Just a thought, what bitrate have you used on the iPod? HTH.

3. haroldlovesmaude

haroldlovesmaude New Member

Hi- Thanks for reply. I use Apple Lossless when burning to the ipod from CD.

If I don't hear otherwise I think I'll try those Soundmagic headphones and the RA cable!

4. krismusic

krismusic Member