Just bought an Ultrasone HFI-780

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by earheade, Jun 20, 2013.

1. earheade

earheade New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    new york
    My earphones before this was just an ipod earphone. but now, I am really enjoying my new headphones. Currently, I am just using my droid razr with the app poweramp as my source.

My only question is, what next?
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Love these headphones (HFi 780) tons of space and sparkle for a closed back, an impressive achievement at this price! This sounds like a nice little set up - really portable! If you find time to listen at home quite a bit and you have some nice HD or at least CD quality files I would go for a nice DAC amp so when listening from a PC you can really get all the detail out of those lovely Ultrasone drivers.

FiiO E10 Headphone Amplifier & USB Audio Decoder (DAC) in Black

FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier & USB DAC (E-17)

Just Audio uHA-120Ds Portable Headphone Amp & 24bit/96kHz DAC

The Just Audio is pricey but worth every penny - the nicest portable DAC amp I have heard, better and more powerful than some full sized mains powered units which cost more!

Don't rush into a next purchase though I'm sure you are loving what you have at the moment:)

Why not do a short review of your thoughs on what improvements were most pleasing when you got the Ultrasone HFi 780? It's the kind of post people love reading.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013