just wondering..

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Thatsmatt, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Thatsmatt

Thatsmatt New Member

the audio technica ws55i's, and i have a HTC, i know they are iphone compatible, but does that mean the headphones itself is only compatible with apple devices, or that only the handsfree wont work but the HP's themself will work with my phone?... i know there is a universal version but i read they tweaked the "i" version so that the sound is more balanced and would prefer those

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

As long as the phone's 3.5 mm jack is compatible with the 3.5 mm plugs like the WS55i and many other headphones use, no problem. Very few phones or music players have a problem with those plugs now.

3. Thatsmatt

Thatsmatt New Member

ok thanks :) have you tried these headphones btw? the "i" version is supposed to be improved, more balanced bass. I'm wondering if the overall sound quality is much different/better than the original version which is £20 cheaper, and i don't listen to many bass heavy songs

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Unfortunately I haven't heard them. I have two different AT's now with wooden cups (very highly recommended, for home use anyway), and I had the M50 which was good, but I'm looking at several of their on-ears for portable use. Anyway I looked through a bunch of reviews on the WS55i, and if they're even half as good as the reviews say, they'll be great. Those reviews were specific about the improved bass quality over the WS55.