JVC Xtreme Xplosives

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by kapz25, Sep 10, 2012.

1. kapz25

kapz25 New Member

Hi All,

I am looking to get the JVC Xtreme Xplosives. But i want to know what is the difference between the two models?

JVC HAFX1X vs JVC HA-FR201

The obvious difference is that JVC HA-FR201 has a mic and remote where as the JVC HAFX1X do not.

Are there any other differences?

Thanks

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I googed this and on the Amazon site there are 581(!) reviews. Being a low-cost item you'll probably not find a lot of documentation and manufacturer support, but I'll bet there's a tonne of information in those 581 reviews.

3. RamblinE

RamblinE New Member

I had the JVC HAFX1X during my experimenting with IEMs stage. Not terrible sounding little earphones. The highs are a little rolled off. The bass has nice impact for being so cheap. I only ever listened to rock and electronica with them where overpowering bass is somewhat welcome. I can't really speak as to how they'd have sounded on any other genres. I gave them to girlfriend a little while ago for running and working out. She doesn't realize it yet but she'll have a newer pair of Sennheiser Adidas workout earphones coming this christmas. However the XX's do the job. I was happy with them. She's happy with them. For the price you almost have to ask yourself "what do I have to lose?". I say nothing. I upgrading the tips on mine pretty quickly. If you can find Comply tips they make the XX's very comfortable to wear IMO but do decrease the bass impact a bit.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

As far as I know the only difference is the mic and controller. Sometimes when you have a version with a mic the cable is different which normally leads to a slight difference in sound - almost certainly down to the copper content. Which model sounds better (if they do sound different / different cable) differs from brand to brand.