Klipsch S4 II - Whats next?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by MAGNEZ, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MAGNEZ

MAGNEZ New Member

Hey guys,

Im looking for a decent pair of earphones after my Klipsch S4 II just suddenly broke yesterday, the cable kind of "ripped" insie. So anyway, something similar or better than Klipsch S4 II, the prices for it have fell from 54 quid to an astonishing 20 quid for a pair right now but Im just not interested in having the same model for another year. My budget is around 30-50 pounds maximum. Been looking at the Soundmagic E10 and E30, but Im pretty sure I can get something a bit better at a little higher price than normal - Still if possible 50 quid maximum. Whats your reviews on the E10 and E30? Do they match the Klipsch performance? Or do they even outperform? Oh, the Music I listen to the most is Dubstep/Electro/Trap etc. But still, sometimes I like some Classical (piano in particular) so Noise-Insolating would be perfect.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi MAGNEZ,

The E10 will be a great replacement. They have more bass than the E30 and in my opinion they will sound better than the S4s. The next earphones worth getting after the E10s would be the Final Audio Adagio IIIs, but for under £40-£50 the E10s are very hard to beat.

3. MAGNEZ

MAGNEZ New Member

Cheers for that. Bought the Adagio III on an auction for 26 quid, we'll see if theyre fake or not. One more question, apparently you need a mini Amplifier due to the 16 OHM requirement, where a phone does not supply that and therefore the earphones might underperform? Is that true?