Koss pro 4aa overhaul

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by kelvinmunson, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

I have a pair of Pro 4AA headphones, which I've owned for about 30 years, in need of an overhaul. The earpads were filled with oil which seems to have dried out.

Anybody know if these, or any other spare parts, can still be obtained in UK and, if so, how much and where ?

Otherwise they are in pretty good condition, haven't used them for a while........... they are rather heavy......... anybody still use these regularly ?

2. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

In the meantime................ I have just heard back from the Koss distributors in UK, Hama, and they have offerred to refurbish the headphones for me.......... including replacement of the ear pads plus anything else they find......... for the cost of return postage..........

That is what I call service........... an excellent deal after 37 years !

3. TheNameIsJambo

TheNameIsJambo New Member

They are old-school!

But as they say, there's no school like the old-school.

They come with a lifetime warranty anyway, so you'll be good for the next 37 years as well!

4. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Well, they are packed and ready to go............ will see how they are when I get them back.

Would be delighted if I am still around using them in another 37 years !

5. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Return Of The Mighty PRO4AAs

Well, Hama were good as their word............ PRO4AAs arrived back today and look Grrrreat. They have fitted new earpads, new foam headband and new cable............ and they work !!!

Had forgotten how dark the bass is............ certainly very retro sounding compared to my current phones, will be using them for the next few days......... and they are heavy.

What a brilliant warranty......... thanks to Hama and to Koss.........