Logitech UE-6000 Noise-Canceling Headphone Review

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by dalethorn, Oct 6, 2012.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Youtube: http://youtu.be/c39JATw5HU8

Sources: iPhone4 alone, iPhone4 with PA2V2 amp using LOD, various computers using Audioengine D1 DAC and the D1's headphone out.

Update 10/09/2012: After replacing my defective UE-6000, I find that the sound in Active Noise Canceling mode is identical to the previous sample, but the Passive mode is now working. See the (1) paragraph below for more information.

Note that all comments below apply to Active Noise Canceling mode only.

The Logitech UE-6000 has a very heavy bass, reminiscent of the Philips L1. Like the L1, I had to apply i-device bass reduction EQ (or the desktop equivalent) to make it acceptable for this high fidelity sound review. There is much good news to the UE-6000 and using EQ like I have. For one, with that EQ on the bass is still so strong all the way down to 30 hz, it equals or exceeds the Sennheiser Amperior's bass, and the Amperior is no lightweight. For two, you can simply not use EQ and enjoy a very strong bass that should please any bass-head. But it gets even better. Note that all comments from here on are with bass reducer EQ applied to the UE-6000, and all other headphones played flat (no EQ).

Comparing to the Sennheiser Amperior, the sound is very similar up through the lower treble, where the Amperior takes a small dip at approximately 6 khz and the UE-6000 rises slightly. Comparing to the Shure 1840 from the mids up through the treble, I'd say the UE-6000 is comparable to the Shure, except the UE-6000's midrange is darker than the Shure's, and much like the Sennheiser Amperior. Comparing to the SoundMagic HP100, the HP100 has an excellent bass that compares well to the UE-6000, but sounds somewhat different, having slightly greater impact than the UE-6000. The HP100 is a strange item though, having a very neutral to lean upper bass and lower mids, but strong output at the bottom, somewhat like the ATH M50 in the lower bass, but cleaner. The HP100 has an upper midrange emphasis that makes it sound much lighter than the UE-6000, and also a stronger mid-to-upper treble that, while nice and sparkly, is going to be more irritating with harsh or sibilant music tracks.

Summarizing the above, the UE-6000 has what I think of as an ideal signature for most music, similar to the ATH M50 or Sennheiser Amperior, but cleaner and with better detail. It's quite different from the Shure 1840, matching it pretty closely on treble, but adding a whole new experience in bass and a warmer, darker sound that's lush and seductive. Note that where I stated this entire review would use bass reducer EQ for the UE-6000, everything I say here may be invalidated when playing the UE-6000 flat (no EQ). Bass-heads may enjoy the UE-6000 immensely without EQ, but I don't have the knowledge or experience to make any judgements for the users who enjoy that type of sound. Note that the UE-6000 qualifies as portable by my definition, in that it can be worn around the neck all day when not in use. There's not much extra room for that though, since the earcups are very close to the chin when pulled all the way down.

The UE-6000 weighs about the same as the SoundMagic HP100 and significantly more than the Sennheiser Amperior, i.e. fairly typical for a full-size over-ear headphone. But the UE-6000 feels very light on my head, probably because of the significant clamping force the headband applies to the earcups and how that commands my attention when it's on my head. The earcups don't feel uncomfortable in any respect, but they have a strange feel that might apply to just a few people with a specific ear size, and depending on where you place the headband, i.e. at the top of your head or slightly forward. Earcups for the Shure 1840, SoundMagic HP100, and Sennheiser 600 series to name some examples, are large enough to completely surround my ears without crowding or pinching the outer parts. But the Philips L1, GMP 8.35D, and ATH M50's earcups do crowd my ears and take a little while for me to get comfortable with. The UE-6000 is very close to the former three and OK for me, but it may crowd a larger set of ears.

When wearing the UE-6000, if I tilt my head forward nearly 90 degrees, the headphone stays pretty well put, but any more than that and it tends to slide forward some. That's a good design I think. The headband is well padded underneath, but for users who experience discomfort with it, try pulling down one or both earcups an extra click to shift some of the weight from the headband to the earcups. The overall construction is part metal and part plastic and seems to be very well made. The earpads are a typical soft foam with good depth, covered in soft plastic, and the foam pads inside the earcups shield the ears from any hard parts that protect the drivers. The detachable cable that came with the black UE-6000 is a medium-dark blue, and is identical to the cable that comes with the UE-4000 except for color. It's 3 mm thick (very good), has Apple controls, and a right-angle plug for the music player or 3.5 mm computer output.

When first plugging the cable in, I had great difficulty getting the earcup end of the cable into the earcup. For awhile I thought it just wouldn't go in and I'd break something trying, but finally after what seemed like a long time, I gave it an extra hard push and it snapped in. This cable, like one other headphone I have, plugs into the right earcup only. The supplied carrycase appears to be neoprene with extra padding inside, and zippers up, so while not ideal for impact protection, it's still a very nice and very compact case. Even better, the cable does not need to be removed when the headphone is folded and placed into the case. For me, the UE-6000 is a full-time Active Noise Canceling headphone, since passive mode without batteries does not afford hi-fi(1) sound. Isolation is excellent of course given the noice canceling, but there is a small amount of leakage that says when sitting in a cube right next to another cube in a very quiet office, volume will have to be kept at moderate levels.

(1) Update 10/11/2012: The replacement UE-6000 in Passive mode sounds like a blanket has been placed over the drivers - very muffled and very boomy. I made a trip to the Apple store and tested their demo UE-6000, which sounded pretty good, and so while my replacement is working, it's not working properly.

In other reviews I've done I've included the following music examples with comments about how the headphones sound with each track. My suggestion is instead of reading each one as an absolute unto itself, you could compare my notes here to other reviews and see how the UE-6000 compares with each individual track.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Part 2 - music track examples:

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (~1980): Strong midrange sound effects - this is a good worst-case test for resonant-type sounds in the most sensitive midrange area. Handled extremely well by the UE-6000.

Beethoven Symphony 9, Solti/CSO (1972): Very good overall sound. Note how the UE-6000 reproduces the triangles, bells and other background instruments that are often obscured with other headphones that have a more limited high frequency response. Note also the bass impacts beginning around 10:30 of the fourth movement. Those impacts won't overwhelm you since they're soft and well in the background, but you can feel the strong weight that they carry.

Blues Project - Caress Me Baby (1966): Rarely mentioned, but one of the greatest white blues recordings ever. The loud piercing guitar sound at 0:41 into the track is a good test for distortion or other problems. Handled very well by the UE-6000.

Boz Scaggs - Lowdown (1976): Good sound quality - this is a great test for any nasality in the midrange. Handled very well by the UE-6000.

Buffalo Springfield - Kind Woman (~1968): A Richie Furay song entirely, rarely mentioned, but one of the best sounding rock ballads ever. This will sound good on most headphones, but it's a special treat with the UE-6000.

Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken (early 70's): A near-perfect test for overall sound - this track will separate the best sounding headphones from the lesser quality types. Nothing specific, except that almost any deviation from perfect reproduction will stand out with this track. Sounds excellent with the UE-6000.

Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic (~1991): Goth with industrial overtones - I like this since it's a great music composition and the sound effects are smoothly integrated into the mix. This may sound distorted or mushy with some headphones, but the UE-6000 renders the deliberate instrumental distortions perfectly.

Def Leppard - Bringin' On The Heartbreak (1981): MTV goth/pop/metal at its best - good ambience and high energy - the better headphones will separate the details and make for a good experience. Lesser quality and the details tend to mush together. The UE-6000 plays this superbly.

J.S. Bach - E. Power Biggs Plays Bach in the Thomaskirche (~1970): Recorded on a tracker organ in East Germany, the tracks on this recording have the authentic baroque sound that Bach composed for, albeit the bellows are operated by motor today. The UE-6000 plays the tones seamlessly through the upper limits of the organ, which cover nearly the full range of human hearing. Of special note are the pedal notes - tracker organs have low-pressure pipes and don't typically produce the kind of impact around 30-35 hz that modern organs do. A headphone that's lacking even slightly in the low bass will sound especially bass-shy with this type of organ, but the UE-6000's rendition of the pedal notes is marvelous.

Jamming With Edward - It Hurts Me Too (1969): Intended originally as a test to fill studio down time and set recording levels etc., this was released a few years later for hardcore Rolling Stones fans. Although not as good technically in every aspect as the Chess studio recordings of 1964, and in spite of the non-serious vocals by Mick Jagger, this rates very high on my list of white blues recordings, and sounds absolutely delicious with the UE-6000. This track does not have great bass content and the bass is unremarkable with most of my other headphones, but it does stand out with the UE-6000.

Jennifer Warnes - Rock You Gently (1992?): The strong deep bass percussion at the beginning of this track has been cited as a test for weakness or distortion in certain headphones. The UE-6000 plays those notes with great impact and control, and a distinctive drum-type sound. Having played this track a number of times now, I'm highly impressed with the UE-6000's bass reproduction and detail throughout the track.

Jimmy Smith - Basin Street Blues (early 60's): This track has some loud crescendos of brass and other instruments that don't sound clean and musical on some headphones. The UE-6000 provides superb reproduction. Listen particularly to the second crescendo at 15 seconds in, for maximum detail effect. I'd like to emphasize that these crescendos are probably the worst-case test I have for instrumental separation and detail, and the UE-6000 plays them splendidly.

Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch (~2009): Featured in The September Issue, this song has heavy overdub and will sound a bit muddy on some headphones. Sounds very good with the UE-6000.

Milt Jackson/Wes Montgomery - Delilah (Take 3) (1962): The vibraphone is heavily dependent on harmonics to sound right, and the UE-6000 plays it perfectly.

Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon - Speak To Me (1973): Strong deep bass impacts will be heard and felt here.

Rolling Stones - Stray Cat Blues (1968): Dirty, gritty blues that very few white artists could match. On some headphones the vocals and guitar lack the edge and fall more-or-less flat. If you're a really good person, playing this song will probably make you feel nervous and uneasy.

Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco (1962): Frank Sinatra's favorite singer. Highest recommendation. With some of the best headphones, the sibilants on this recording are very strong, but they're not bad with the UE-6000.

3. blackjid

blackjid New Member

Hi dalethorn!, THANKS FOR YOUR REVIEW!

I'm about to buy a pair of cans, and I have in mind the Logitech UE-6000 but also the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Do you have some experience with the Beyer? How the two of the compare...

thanks!!

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

No, I haven't heard the DT770 Pro, but given that between Tyll at Innerfidelity and myself, we have 3 defective headphones out of 5, so the DT770 is looking really good for reliability. For the 6000 to compete with the DT770 you would need a treble boost in passive mode (very recessed treble there) and bass reduction in active mode, where the bass is way boosted. The Logitech is a very exciting proposition, but be prepared for repairs and exchanges if you get one.

5. blackjid

blackjid New Member

Hi, I didn't quite understand your answer. 3 out if 5 DT770 where bad. Or the Logitech?

Also, the Beyer comes in 80 and 250ohms. Do you think I would be able to drive the 250ohms version from the integrated Dac from my laptop? At least for a period of time until I decide to buy an external amp? Or should I buy an amp right away? I don't have that much money to put on the amp. Any suggestions? Hoe are the Fiios? E10/E11. Or may be smaller.

Thanks again!! Sorry for all the questions!

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Sorry! Three defective Logitechs. I swapped my 6000 today, but unfortunately for all of us, Tyll doesn't have a good 4000 apparently, and can't provide a good test result for it. I can't be absolutely sure about the 250 ohm, since laptops vary a lot in output. If you can determine the power out on the headphone jack with a reliable value for any impedance, we can see how that would translate to 250 ohms and how that compares to the 770's requirement. I would prefer the 250 ohm just from what I've heard, but you never know how these things react to low power chips like what's behind those laptop jacks.

7. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

8. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Since Innerfidelity apparently made the Logitech 6000 their favorite closed headphone in Passive mode, I did a direct comparison to the v-moda M80. The M80 absolutely kills the 6000 in Passive mode. The M80 has a soft treble and the 6000 sounds like a blanket is over the speakers. The M80 has a neutral bass with a strong bottom end, and the 6000 is boomy beyond belief.

Edit: Today is full of surprises re: the UE-6000. Checking the Innerfidelity graph for the 6000 in Noise Canceling mode, I expected to see a strong bass and treble response (like my two samples). Instead the bass curve is way up and the treble is soft at best - both samples I have/had verge on bright compared to neutral.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Yesterday I checked Innerfidelity's frequency response measurement of the UE6000 in Passive mode and compared it to the Sennheiser HD800. Compared to the HD800, the UE6000's treble is down** the following amounts: -6 db at 3khz, -7 db at 4 to 5 khz, -11 db at 6 to 7 khz, and -9 db at 8 khz. The HD800 has a fairly strong treble that's not excessive, so at 6 key frequencies from 3 to 8 khz, the UE6000 is down an average of 8.5 db. Is that a lot? Yes, but it might be even worse. If you have a sample that varies from spec by 3 db (which is probably generous for a product with an iffy QC record), if you add a variance of 3 db to that you're then down an average of 11.5 db, which is very bad. If you subtract a variance of 3 db from that then you're only down an average of 5.5 db, which isn't quite as bad. And that's why it's important to have a tight spec, plus not be far off from a reasonable high fidelity standard, so the variances don't kill your sound. And it probably explains most of the review differences.

**For example, if the HD800's output at 5 khz is 6 db lower than its average midrange output and the UE6000's output at 5 khz is 9 db lower than its average midrange output, then the UE6000's output at 5 khz is down 3 db relative to the HD800.

Last thought: I don't know where Innerfidelity's UE6000 sample measurement falls among the samples being sold now. If their sample had treble output greater than the average sample, then the lower-than-average samples would be down twice as much as I speculated on. For example, you'll see in the All Measurements PDF that some of the famous brands which have measurements of two or more samples sometimes vary greatly in the measured responses.

10. red71rum

red71rum New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for reviews on the UE 6000 and came across yours. Aside from the problem with the cable insertion, what specifically was defective in the other units, bad drivers or NC circuitry?

11. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

At this point the only actual defect I know of with the UE6000 was my passive mode didn't work at all with the first set. I swapped that and everything still works fine. BTW, I'm still(!) on the original battery, although I've only used it maybe 100 hours.

The cable never was a defect actually, just difficult to plug in. It really fooled some people, but I hope they're all straightened out now.

If I could make a newer judgement of the UE6000 in active mode, I think it sounds like a better version of the Sennheiser Amperior when the bass is reduced on the 6000. With bass reduction on the 6000 and the Sennheiser Momentum played flat, the 6000 makes the Momentum sound lightweight, and the Momentum is not lightweight. And despite the extra bass (upper bass, lower mids) the 6000 sounds really clean to me. Highly recommended.

12. quadpatch

quadpatch New Member

100 hours of battery and still going?!! These are standard AA right? I still want to get my hands on some of these, I tried some in the shops and wow that bass is strong! I didn't have a chance to test out bass reduction.

13. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I did a bunch of new tests yesterday. My best estimate of the overall sound *with* bass reduction is: A much-improved Sennheiser Amperior. A significantly heavier, darker sound than the Senn Momentum, yet still clear and clean. As to the battery, several reviewers have expressed objections to the noise canceling effectiveness, so there may be a tie-in with the long battery life. I find the NC works for me in the same way as the old Bose QC2.

Yes, standard batteries.

14. red71rum

red71rum New Member

The reason I wanted a pair of decent ANC headhones was for work, where my office is in the middle of a large tobacco processing facility where there is constant noise. I have tried my Etymotic HF3, UE Triple Fi 10, Audio Technica M50 but, none of them sufficiently drowned out the constant noise. So I got my pair of UE6000 on Saturday and unfortunately was really disappointed. I maded sure the cable was all the way in(it clicked) and acivated the batteries. I then played some music and compared passive to the ANC settng. I could hear that the sound was boosted a bit but could still make out the very little ambient sound in my house. I could not really discern a difference between the two. I could still hear a fairly quiet infrared heater for example when I went to another room. The music on my Clip + was at a comfortable listening level when I did these tests. My wife suggested that we go to Worstbuy and try the UE6000 there. So we both tried them out and they were just like the pair I had received. I also tried out the Soul SL300, which looked awful, but they did seem to have better ANC. My wife tried out the Bose QC15 and she decided that I was getting that. Now it is telling that someone who does not care about this this stuff(my wife) and thinks I have way too many headphones chose the Bose. I tried them(never tried the QC2) and the ANC is markedly better than the Logitech's. I realize that the Bose headphones are for non-audiophiles, but the sound was fairly pleasing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  15. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The ANC for the UE6000 is very similar to the Bose QC2, which you described well. The QC2 (and UE6000) don't block certain high freq's completely, and Bose described that in their QC2 literature. But the UE6000 and QC2 block low freq's quite well. On the other hand, the QC15 apparently blocks everything, which Innerfidelity describes in detail.

Note that blocking all freq's including the mid-high freq's that the UE6000 and QC2 allow through may engender a serious safety risk, for example someone unaware of a dangerous condition at work because they can't hear anything, or a bicyclist on a road where not hearing certain sounds can be a problem. In the U.S., it's illegal in most or all states to drive with earphones on because of this, and hearing impaired drivers must use very large truck-style mirrors, partly so they can see better, and partly to alert other drivers.

16. red71rum

red71rum New Member

I don't understand why people would wear headphones while driving, it is really dangerous. I am only going to use them when seated at my desk. I am computer support, so I am always on the move, so I probably will not get to use them that much at work.

17. 10DeeQ

10DeeQ New Member

hi, im new here and i'm ready to "burn my wallet" well, not so much as i'm still new

anyway i've got some question and need some recommendations, so please guide me here.

i have few audio source , it's not high end just normal audio source, i still don't know which one will give me the greatest and cleanest output.

-Apple Macbook Pro

-Apple iPad 3rd Gen

-Apple iPhone 4s

-Apple iPod Nano 6th Gen

-HTC EVO 4G LTE (it's the same as HTC one X only for CDMA network) with Beats !!! in other sites this feature will be praised but in this site i know i will be bashed

actually i still have my beloved Apple iPod Classic 3rd Gen , but the battery went dead :(

and i also just purchased headphone amp the Fiio e02.

i only have 2 earphones at the moment,

of course the legendary apple iBuds

and

Audio-Technica ATH-CM7Ti which i really love i bought it long time ago , it's been my only earphones and i really like them

but too bad they already showing some age, and i really want to buy a headphone .

i prefer earphones to the IEM because im those person that can't use IEMs , the cable makes some noiese when it touches my body and i really dont like the way they feel in my ears.

i listened to mostly top 40 songs, 90's pop, sentimental, slows, mellow songs (kenny rogers, kenny loggins, david foster album kind of music), RnB, Hip Hop, country, and Jazz.

i don't do rock nor classical.

about the Audio-Technica ATH-CM7Ti, i feel the sound is edequate for me,

a liilte bit too bright and a little bit lack of bass punch

well i'm obviously not an audiophile.

but i really want a good quality headphone, that's why i rather asking this question here, than to buy the notorious Beats.

i dont have home proffesional stereo or something i only use Bose to listened around the house because i seldom just sit infront of speaker to listen to it, i prefer it to be headphone than speaker.

but i installed quite a system in my car because i travel a lot in my car.

my car set up is

Alpine Head unit with DVD and touchscreen + PXA time alingment DSP

2 way system

tweeter : DynAudio Esotar that i had since i was young

mid baaa : Scan Speak Revelator

Sub woofer : Kicker Solo Baric L7 12"

driven full active with 3 Brax graphic edition Amplifier

well i love the sound in my car.

my installer says that the front speakers and tweeter setting is more of an sound quality setting

while the Sub woofer is more to SPL setting

because i like this kind of set up.

-warm sounding

-not too bright tweeter but still quite open ( i hate super bright and super detail tweeter, and dynaudio esotar is famous to be quite warm sounding dark tweeter)

-quick and punchy bass without too much low end boominess. ( i like my bass to be fast, punchy, but without boominess found on those beats

-and i choose scan speak revelator mid because they are very warm sounding as well and punchy too for a mid bass, they're 7"

so i want to buy a head phone ,

i prefer it to be closed and full sized i have quite a big head, and not all headphones fit me,

yesterday, for instance, i tried the audio technica M50 and they fit me all right, tried the Ultimate ears and shure 840 and they are comfortable too, i tried Beats Detox and the grip my ear too tight resulting in an uncomfortable fit, i tried vmoda M80 and the head phone doesnt have enough length to cover my head, i set it to the longest but still it cant fit my head properly, resulting in poor sealing and sound. so i've decided to buy "over the ear" and not "on ear"

what i'm looking in a headphone:

-about $200 - $300

-Like i said above , i like they to sounded warm mid, not too bright high, punchy and fast bass, without boominess. maybe an headphoen that have dynaudio "colours", i always like the sound signatures of dynoudio.

-comfortable for long usage

-can accomodate my "large head"

-i preffer them to run good without an amp, as i don't like to carry many stuff when i travel, i already have my ipad, iphone and android phone to carry. (but if the amp is small like the Fiio e02, i might not mind it at all )

-looks good (well this is not too important but i don't want too look like a ****** bag when wearing 'em on the road, especially when most of other people wearing their great looking Beats)

i've done my research a little bit and i've few candidates in mind

but i still need a valid opinion or recommendation so that i can have the "correct one for my tastes"

-Audio Technica M50

-Focal Spirit One

-Aiaiai TM1

-V Moda M100

-Ultimate ears UE6000

-Ultimate ears UE9000 (if the bluetooth can really give me a good sound quality, other wise i'll better off with cabled headphones)

-Beyerndynamics DT-770

-AKG 550

any other brand and model also will be considered,

i just need opinions of experts here, so please feel free to direct me to the correct path and burn my wallet with all of you in this great site

18. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi 10DeeQ,

You have mentioned some nice models which would suit your needs. If I give you a little more detail this might help narrow down your choices a little and might make you think of more questions. First of all there are some differences between some of the models you mention which are worth thinking about. AIAIAI TMA-1 are on ear which makes them a little smaller and therefore more portable (although some full size fold quite small too) but ultimately less comfy for long listening sessions.

-Audio Technica M50 - I would be surprised if you didn't like these as they have a fun warm sound which works for most styles including the genres you mentioned. They fold and are nice and chunky and pretty tough. For more toughness and better resolution see GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.35d.

-Focal Spirit One - Interesting headphone but well worth a listen before you purchase as they are quite odd sounding. Not the most suitable here but they have their fans.

-AIAIAI TMA-1 - If you want to look cool and do a bit of DJing then these are well worth a look. Small and well built a cooler looking alternative to HD25 but also have a look at Sennheiser Amperior.

-V Moda M100 - A lot of people have said these are too warm and not focused enough. That might suit some people who really like a smooth response with a big bottom end. Also have a look at the very portable and better value for money Vmoda M80.

-Ultimate ears UE6000 - Little point in me adding to Dale Thorns excellent review above:)

-Ultimate ears UE9000 (if the bluetooth can really give me a good sound quality, other wise i'll better off with cabled headphones) - as you seem to not mind going for a cabled set, I think it's a better idea as you will get better sound for your money.

Beyerdynamic DT-770 - I love this headphone in the right circumstance. From what you have said though look at the new Beyerdynamic Custom One. Slightly smaller and a very nice bass boosting function (the best I have seen on a headphone), very comfy and very well made.

-AKG 550 - A great headphone, I'm sure you would love this but it may be a little big if you wanted to be out and about with it.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask more questions:D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  19. 10DeeQ

10DeeQ New Member

hi, thx for the reply,
    anyway i forget to mention i dont want on ear
    i want full sized cover
    i've tried the vmoda M80 on one of the stores here
    but too bad they don't have the M100 yet
    anyway the m80 in it's longest setting, still can't fit my large head resulting in poor fit and the sound become awful :(

i've narrow down my choices to
    UE6000
    Vmoda M100
    AKG 550
    audio technica M50 (but i need to mod them to have detachable cable)

between those four, which one will you suggest me getting :p

and now im looking for some beyern dynamic custom one review :p

thx anyway

20. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

If you are able to do a difficult mod like making a non-detachable cable detachable, then you could look into the much easier modifications to earcups to get exactly the sound you want. The 4 headphones you listed sound so much different from each other that there's no reasonable comparison possible. Perhaps you could describe the exact sound you are looking for.