Looking for £300 or less headphones,For my galaxy s4

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Absorbentsolid, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Absorbentsolid

Absorbentsolid New Member

Hey guys,I love music and made a account on here because i know there are people that know alot more about headphones than my self.
    I am by no means a audiophile but i have used alot of headphones for e.g Beats (They sucked for the price) Bose and Sennhieser etc etc.
    I'm hoping you guys can help me choose a set of headphones that i can use with my samsung galaxy s4 when i receive it.
    I appreciate any feedback and am looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Regards Jamie

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

You'll have to say what kind of music you intend to play, where (indoors, outdoors), whether you need good isolation or not, so as to not disturb others or vice-versa, whether you are comfortable with on-ear, partial over-ear, full over-ear, anything else that would affect your listening. Do you listen undistracted, or listen while gaming, watching TV, etc.?

3. Absorbentsolid

I listen to pretty much anything,But mainly RnB hip hop and the occasional rock song. I don't really mind on ear,Although i do prefer over ear. Pretty much for both indoors and outdoors,Although i am more outside than in.
    Hope that helps and thank you for responding.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

For more outside than in, you would want a closed-back headphone. For your music selections, I think one of these would be best:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Closed Back Audiophile Headphones in Black

Sennheiser Amperior Closed Back Supraaural DJ Monitor Headphones

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Closed Back Studio Headphones

5. Absorbentsolid

Great i'll have to take a look at them,my friend has the Sennheiser MM550X and can't stop recommending them to me.,Would you say they are good as i haven't heard them my self as he's visiting his grandparents and i won't see him for another month and would like to purchase within a week's time.
    Many thanks!

6. Absorbentsolid

Don't know if my last msg went through but i'll ask in short,Are the Sennheiser MM550 x any good.
    And thanks for responding the Sennheiser MOMENTUM.

7. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator