Looking for amazing headphone... please advise.

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Dec 27, 2009.

1. andrewkm

andrewkm New Member

Looking for amazing earphones... AMAZING.
    Price is not a concern.

Just no diamonds or crazy millionaire things lol.
    I just want the best of the best when it comes to sound and so forth.

EDIT: I listen to dance/techno/rap/euro/hip hop... everything.
    Must be in-ear.
    Have 3G ipod touch 64gb.
    Love bass

^^ Incase that helps with answer.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

Sennheiser IE8 should fit your bill. Also SE530 pretty good, people saying they maybe are a bit receded in the highs freqs. I have never heard them myself btw.

Well if you don't mind go the custom way, you can find a T1 here.
    Just I don't know how much bass they would give you. but they still below your million. :D
    ACS T1 Custom Earphones HiFi Headphones

3. PorkchopHouse

PorkchopHouse New Member

ultrasone edition 9, if you can find one?

lots of other amazing ones, but make sure you have a good headphone amplifier, they can cost as much as the headphones themselves if you want good ones but they truly add to the listening experience and most high-end headphones dont sound too good without a decent amp, cos if the headphones have high impedance as with lots of expensive headphones, then it will need lots of electricity to power it well. (edit: There are portable amps you can get, check FiiO E5 as an example, but they dont work as well)

Also, If you're using your iPod touch for most listening then make sure the songs are encoded well, like with a lossless format (e.g. FLAC is one lossless format but not sure it works in iPod touch), if you compress to MP3 it loses alot of detail in the songs which will mean you are not getting full potential out of your music and headphones. Your itouch is 64gb so size shouldn't be a big problem, depending on how much music you listen to...

Just telling you this so that you know you'll have to spend more money on an amp if you are getting expensive headphones, if you dont already have an amp.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Amazing headphones

If you're looking the for the best headphones available then my current personal favourite is the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1.

The balance with the T1 is absolutely spot on in my opinion, with enough power at the bottom end and superb levels of detail resolution. I really love the industrial design, ultra-comfortable ear pads and robust construction.